Diamonds in the rough

Alan Bradely

Chieftain
Most small games you can find on the internet are pure trash, but sometimes, good games can actually be found online. I have found a few that were actually worth it, and was wondering what other have found. Post any games you found that had something that made them stick, whether it be graphics, gameplay, or an interesting concept. Hard to find games or rare games encouraged.

N: A physically accurate platformer that has a large community and is very well done.

flOw: Simple, but amazing graphics and atmosphere.

Tri-achnid: A neat idea with you controlling a spiders legs and using realistic web techniques.

In before Wrong Forum!

Go straight to All Other Games. :crazyeye:

I thought about that, but think this might be the better forum because I am looking for more 'intellectually' (can't think of the right word for it) interesting games (not a fun shoot-em-up minigame, for example), and also hoping for some discussion about them.

EDIT: Oh well :)

i remember kan' had some great free starwars ones i downloaded one which i still play, but i think there were two others.

(*note* 1,000th post party you may now commence the flowing of the beer)

i remember kan' had some great free starwars ones i downloaded one which i still play, but i think there were two others.

http://www.bruneras.com/

Contains the Battle of Yavin and Battle of Endor games. You can also get a mod for the latter based on Star Trek - specifically the Battle of Cardassia.

:)

Edit: I'll also throw in the Exile Shareware RPG games (at the bottom there, I recommend the second one). I had a great time with them, and I think the fact you create the entire party from scratch is the reason I preferred Icewind Dale over Baldur's Gate. Hell, I even wrote a story based on the Crystal Souls, and it went down pretty well.

if i remember correctly you said that in the hoth endor game you can control a star destroyer right? (it's downloading right now).

wasn't there one where you do? I played a game of endor, I got to stage 2 and blew up 43 ties (my last life was spend seeing if i could enter the home one for repairs which didn't end up so well)

alan bradley how far does flow go? i went entirely through the blue "level" and now im in an orange one, i'm going to assume thier are 4 different color level things though.

edit wiki

There are currently two creatures available to play. The first is the worm phase in which the player's avatar evolves into a multi-segmented worm. If the worm defeats the last, worm-like enemy on the final bottom level, the worm floats to the top, is reborn as an infant "jellyfish" creature and the background screen changes from blue to orange. If the jellyfish replays all levels it will return to the surface and begin life again as a worm but not before fighting a boss, which turns out to be the first worm-like creature the player was previously. However, currently there is a bug that renders some players who defeat the boss in jellyfish mode unable to return to the surface.

i now beat the "orange level" i killed the first one i created but the final boss didn't show up.

AFAIK, the final boss IS the first one you create.

i remember the wiki said that there is a final boss and then it all resets and that there is sometimes a glitch were nothing happens when you kill the first guy.

Top Bottom