• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

did they change how religion works in 3.17?

Maxor127

Warlord
When I'd found a religion and spread it to other civilizations' cities, I'd be able to see what was going on in that area. But I'm playing a multiplayer game with my brother now and he has a ton of cities that have my religion and he even converted to my religion, but I can't see in his cities at all. Did they change how that works in the patch, or is it disabled in multiplayer, or is my game just messed up?

How is your espionage ratio with him?

It seemed to always do it for me until this latest patch. I just tried out a single-player game and it's doing it in that as well. Oh well... if that's how it's supposed to be then good. I was just worried I'd messed up something with all of these expansions and patches and unofficial patches and my custom leader mod.

It hasn't worked that way since BtS, it's part of the changes to espionage. The reason you're still seeing it in your single-player game is that you need less espionage points to look into a city with your religion in it. Obviously your brother is doing a better job of using espionage than the AI so you don't have enough points with him yet.

Thank god for that, huh?

Also with the shrines, you no longer have to have the state religion for bonus. I, the Taoist who also gets Islam can build islamic shrine and spread islam in my empire and get the bonuses - even under free religion.

Yeah, my brother was getting great spies at the very beginning somehow. I don't know how he did that, he doesn't either.

Top Bottom