• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Did Your Wife/girlfriend Threat You With Divorce/breakup Because Civ Playing?

Feanor777

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Did Your Wife/girlfriend Threat You With Divorce/breakup Because Civ Playing?

I'm sure she has bad habits that she spends too many hours on, shopping or something :D find out and counter with that and enjoy your sleep on the couch that night and most nights after :lol:

I'm actually a step worse than you all. I haven't found a g/f because I spend too much time playing CIV 4.

Well, remember, if you get one; never try to counter an argument, or you won't have one for very long.

well, i have a hubby not a wife. and he's addicted to WoW. so, no.

thankfully he doesn't notice the messes that pile up because of "one more turn" itis. which are TOTALLY sid meier's fault, that guy owes me maid service!

Yeah, see, one gf of mine pretty much dumped me over Civ. She asked me to choose between her and video games. I chose her and threw out all my games. I went about a month before having a mental breakdown and buying Civ again. So...I was single for a while and then I went on a few dates with this new woman. So on our third date I had her back at my place when I got an emergency call (I'm the superintendent of my building) and I had to run out for 20 min. When I came back....she was sitting on my computer playing Civ. I stood there in the doorway, jaw dropped...and she looks at me "what? what? I like Civ....so what?" and I'm like "thank you jesus...."

The whole point of dating is to find a girl you can stand to live with when you're both eighty. If the girl dumps you because of your hobbies, you probably weren't suited for each other anyway . . .

Im glad i dont suffer these kinda dilemmas. My gf said the other day "i wish i had a game like that, which i could enjoy for hours and hours without getting tired of".

She's more into FarCry, Crysis and WoW (we both play wow together), so im safe too :)

Luckily, my fiancee fell in love with me (partially) BECAUSE I'm a studly mountain-running CivIV Army dweeb lmao
"No More Turns"
"No More Turns"
"No More Turns" lmfao

I'm actually a step worse than you all. I haven't found a g/f because I spend too much time playing CIV 4.

Here here. But i play pokemon. Let the lols comence.

No shame, Kris lol
I've beaten Pokemon Red, just to show my little nephew that I could lmao
piiiikaaaaaCHUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Pokemon was good back in the day when it first released, after the 3rd generation of pokemon games I found out they weren't going to change the games anymore so I stopped buying.

The whole point of dating is to find a girl you can stand to live with when you're both eighty. If the girl dumps you because of your hobbies, you probably weren't suited for each other anyway . . .

I totally agree with this, though sometimes if they demand you give up games (or reduce time on them) because you ARE spending too much time on them I think you should think about giving it up.

Well surely it depends on what your looking for?
I sure know that when I go out with a girl its not because I want to be with her until I'm 80. I'm just looking for a bit of fun and someone I can trust and relax with.
Meh, it will probably change with age.

Anyway, thats got nothing to do with Civ. If only catherine wanted to have a bit of fun ;)

Top Bottom