Die Schlapphüte

Team Cav was building the Oracle, as per their post in the turntracker thread.

can we tell them we built it in two turns to really piss 'em off?

For turn 57 (that’s what it says on the screen.)

MAD SCIENTISTS score up 12 to 113
Pop 5 (27) Land 17 (17) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Okay, a real busy turn for the scientists. You might want to double check this one for me. Demographics show the smallest civ going from 12,000 to 23,000 people accounting for the whole worlds population increase this turn. Land area also increases by 7,000 square miles. It looks like Mad Scientists got a tech, grew their capitol to size 3 (now a top city again) rushed 1 pop in city 2 and founded city 3.

If so then:
Saturn: size 5 and 1
Kazahkstan: sizes 5, 2, and 1
Mad Scientists: size 3, 1 and 1 with the Hindu holy city
Cavalleoros: sizes 5, 4 and 1 with the Buddhist holy city

Turn 58:

SATURN score up 6 to 132
Pop 6 (32) Land 13 (13) Tech12 ancient (71) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Tough call but population growth doesn’t fit with the demographic data so its more likely a tech. (There are a total of 17 ancient techs)

KAZAHKSTAN score up 6 to 148
Pop 9 (49) Land 23 (24) Tech 10 ancient (59) Wonders 1 (16)
  • They can only have gained 1 population. We can see their capitol is still size 5 on top cities and growing from 1 to 2 doesn’t fit the population increase on demographics so city two must have grown from 2 to 3.

MAD SCIENTISTS score up 5 to 118
Pop 6 (32) Land 17 (17) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Top cities show their capitol now at size 4. Cities size 4, 1, and 1 matches the smallest population on the demographics screen. So they grew to size 4 in one turn? Whoi can tell us what tiles they worked? (max crop yeild last turn was 29).

CAVALLEROS
  • Adopted Buddhism

The other cities in the world are:
Saturn: sizes 5 and 1
Kazahkstan: sizes 5, 3, and 1
Mad Scientists: sizes 4, 1 and 1 with the Hindu holy city

For turn 57 (that’s what it says on the screen.)

While it may say it on the screen, as MS play after us, those stats are from their turn 56; when Kaz play after us then all the stats that are generated until MS play their turn are the stats for the next turn.

Oh, I see. What you’re saying is that it's much easier to do this for a PBEM game. ;)

Unfortunately I have not been that consistent about when I log in to check scores and demos so not much chance of me clearing all that up now unless I can get a complete log from civ stats.

But hey what’s one turn plus or minus between friends.

So long as people understand, it's fine, it could be misleading though if people forget this nugget of infomation.

Kaz got a score increase during their turn, and another score increase at the end of their turn. Have they just settled their fourth city?

I am unable to log in at the moment, but CivStats shows that I finished the turn about 2 hours ago! as for Kaz, it may be land points from when they founded city two.

You don't get land points in the middle of the turn though, only at the end of a turn. As to finishing the turn, when MS finish the turn, all teams apart from Kaz are said to end their turn at the same time, according to civstats.

Okay, whew!

So you wouldn't get population growth, tech or wonder points until the end either then. If that’s the case then city four sounds like a possibility. The capitol must have produced the settler that founded city 3 on T52, but city two has been at size 2 since T42 until growing to 3 just last turn.

well, with a few chops it is very possible they could have done that, if they had 2 six yield tiles, taking into account they need to get a monument for culture, which is an extra 30 hammers.

Turn 59 or so:

KAZAHKSTAN score up 10 to 159
Pop 11 (59) Land 23 (24) Tech 10 ancient (59) Wonders 1 (16)
  • 5 points from founding city four (9 land tiles). 5 more from city three growing to size 2.

CAVALLEROS score up 9 to 147
Pop 10 (54) Land 23 (24) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Points from 8 land tiles twenty turns ago when founding city two.

Kazahkstan: sizes 5, 3, 2 and 1

As an added bonus this turn we have only one set of numbers that work for the other civ's power ratings. This is great as we can now try to determine exactly which techs they have and maybe how many combat units. I just got this so I'll post more when I get a chance to look at it closer.

Kazahkstan has 31,000 soldiers.
Mad Scientists have 25,000.
As for Saturn and Cavalleros, one is 31,000 the other is 25,000.

Almost but not quite 29/27 might also work.

Turn 60ish:

CAVALLEROS score up 5 to 152
Pop 11 (59) Land 15 (15) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Demographics show a new city with 9 land tiles.

Kazahkstan: sizes 5, 3, 2 and 1
Cavalleoros: sizes 5, 4, 1 and 1 with the Buddhist holy city

Better way to ask that question: what turns in the early game did the average soldier points decrease? If we know the turn, and we hace the stats details, we could figure out if there was a reasonable time where they built a settler and then lost it when the guarding warrior got killed. Of course this doesn't work if they lost it to a wolf/jag and they were fogbusting the route and not protecting the settler.

Average power never decreases, but the minimun drops slightly in T45, but that may only have been due to the whip that never happened.

More Turn 60 stuff.

KAZAHKSTAN score up 6 to 164
Pop 12 (65) Land 23 (24) Tech 10 ancient (59) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Their capitol is now size 6.

Kazahkstan: sizes 6, 3, 2 and 1

At current spending we will be able to see their demographics in about 7 turns.

Top Bottom