Die Schlapphüte

yeah please don't click on units.

but if you want to change the slider, or move a citizen. if you put it back all should be good.

Turn 62:

SATURN score up 6 to 138
Pop 7 (38) Land 13 (13) Tech12 ancient (71) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Avg population demograpics increase by 5,000 so a city grew from size 1 to 2.

Most Populous Civs
  • Cavalleoros: sizes 6, 4, 1 and 1 (200,000)
  • Kazahkstan: sizes 6, 2, 2 and 1 (163,000)
  • SANCTA: sizes 5, 4, 2 (144,000)
  • Saturn: sizes 5 and 2 (96,000)
  • Mad Scientists: sizes 4, 2 and 1 (55,000)

Turn 62 continued..

CAVALLEROS score up 5 to 163
Pop 13 (70) Land 15 (15) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Top cities shows size 5 founded in 2440 BC (turn 39). This is also the Buddhist holy city.

Most Advanced Civs
  • SANCTA: 11 ancient, 1 classical
  • Saturn: 12 ancient
  • Kazahkstan: 10 ancient
  • Cavalleoros: 9 ancient
  • Mad Scientists: 9 ancient

Does anyone know what criteria are used for the top 5 cities? Culture, popuation...wonders? Land? Health or happy etc?

I need some help with this one.

According to Civ Stats Mad Scientists score decreased from 124 to 113 (down 11 points from whippimg two pop). Then it went up 6 points to 118, that must be a tech because the whip sent pop from 7 to 5, but growing from 5 to 6 is only 5 points.

Yet demographics show a decrease of only 27,000 people. The smallets civ went from 55,000 (cities size 4, 3 and 1) to 28,000 (cities size 3, 2 and 1). Do you see my problem? I can only see a decrease of 1 population point not 2 as expected!

EDIT: By the way Power has not changed, but a net loss of two pop should lower troop figures by 1,000.

ah. They whipped two pop in the 4 pop city, to size 2, and then grew in the former size 2 city to size 3.

Ah-ha! 113+5=118 :lol:

MAD SCIENTISTS score down 11 then up 5 to 118
Pop 6 (32) Land 17 (17) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • According to Civ Stats their score dropped 11 (rushed 2 pop) then went up 5 (pop growth).

Most Populous Civs
  • Cavalleoros: sizes 6, 5, 1 and 1 (242,000)
  • Kazahkstan: sizes 6, 2, 2 and 1 (163,000)
  • SANCTA: 5, 4, 2 (144,000)
  • Saturn: sizes 5 and 2 (96,000)
  • Mad Scientists: sizes 3, 2 and 1 (28,000)

Note: Hinduism is down to 10% so the Holy city must still be size 2. They rushed two in the capitol and then grew one back.

A two pop whip must have been a settler for city 4; if they have less than 4 workers though I reckon they are 100% out of it though (Saturn already are out of it). Kaz...don't seem to be doing as well as I thought they would be tbh, though cavs seem to be setting a good early pace.

Still trying to figure out what Saturn are doing, but tbh they only thing I can think of is that they are working 3 cottages in their capital. I doubt they are going for a wonder...no proof though.

Turn 63continued

KAZAHKSTAN score DOWN 5 to 153
Pop 10 (54) Land 23 (24) Tech 10 ancient (59) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Demographics show a decrease of 5,000 people meaning a whip from size 2 to 1.

Most tiles worked
  • Cavalleoros: 13
  • SANCTA: 11
  • Kazahkstan: 10
  • Saturn: 7
  • Mad Scientists: 6

I love it when people slave workers...shows they didn't have enough in the first place :)

Also, Kaz's score increased to 165...****, did they just get Alpha?

EDIT: If so...that could be good news actually. If they research a smallish tech, then we can judge their tech pace so we know if they are capable of getting to the Collosus before we are...if they research a larger tech, then we know they are almost certainly too far behind to research MC in time.

Let's assume that Kaz is the one who has a GNP of 43. 4 for espionage, 2 for palace4, (I think) for the holy city gives them 33 for commerce. (does that include multipliers? Kaz has monasteries and libs - one assumes that once they build their first lib, they will assign a scientist or two to get their academy fast.

I guess I'd make an assumption that they can research about 25% faster than us @100%, but their expenses should be higher, as well, so overall, I'd guess they are maybe 10% faster than us. What would that do for a timeframe on MC? It's hard for me to believe that they would even TRY for Collosus if they have to take 20 turns to research the tech for it, especially since they have a big head start on GLib (which is a nice boost to scientists for them)

Yes Kaz just got a classical era tech, which they have been researching for 11 turns. According to the demographics article (that guy is a genius - I really need to start a fund to build some sort of statue for him) the GNP figure includes building bonuses and bonuses from meeting a civ that already knows the tech you are researching!

KAZAHKSTAN score up 12 to 165
Pop 10 (54) Land 23 (24) Tech 10 ancient, 1 classical (71) Wonders 1 (16)
  • 12 points up, with no change in population, indicates a classical tech, probably Alphabet as per their diplomacy.

Most Advanced Civs
  • Kazahkstan: 10 ancient, 1 classical

Yes Kaz just got a classical era tech, which they have been researching for 11 turns. According to the demographics article (that guy is a genius - I really need to start a fund to build some sort of statue for him) the GNP figure includes building bonuses and bonuses from meeting a civ that already knows the tech you are researching!

KAZAHKSTAN score up 12 to 165
Pop 10 (54) Land 23 (24) Tech 10 ancient, 1 classical (71) Wonders 1 (16)
  • 12 points up, with no change in population, indicates a classical tech, probably Alphabet as per their diplomacy.

Most Advanced Civs
  • Kazahkstan: 10 ancient, 1 classical

How can you tell the difference between techs of different eras, are they a different point value?

BTW, did some else write a demographics article.

I found the article on tech cost, so this should help work out what the kazaks know and don't know

Calculating the Known Civilizations w/ Tech modifier
1) Multiply 0.30 by the number of KNOWN, LIVING civilizations, who have the tech.

2) Divide by the number of civilizations which STARTED on the map and ROUND DOWN to the hundredth place (0.01) of the quotient.

3) Add 2) to 1

Tech Known by Civilizations modifier = 1 + RDDW (0.30 * # known Civs who have the tech / # of Civs who started the game

If we were to use the case of writing. Our modifier would be 1 + (0.3 * 1 (since we only know kazaks) / 5 (since there is 5 teams)) = 1.06 so we would get an extra 0.06 beaker per beaker we produce or an extra 6%

Calculating the Prerequisites modifier
1) Start with 1. If the technology does NOT have a minimum requirement (i.e., the starting techs = Fishing, The Wheel, Agriculture, Hunting, Mysticism, Mining), then use 1 AS the modifier.

2) Add 0.2 to 1) if a Technology has a MINIMUM Requirement that the player has met. Note: Even if a tech has MANY MANDATORY PREREQUISITES, it will still only give you a boost of 1.2 because you MUST have all those prerequisites to research the tech. (IOW, the minimum requirement IS all of those prerequisites.)

3) Add 0.2 to 2) for EACH ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL Prerequisite that the player has met.

Requirements modifier = 1 + (0.2 * MINIMUM Req. met) + (0.2 * # of Optional Prereq. met)

This one is simple, its just an extra 0.2 (20%) for every prereq. If we know all three for writing thats a 60% bonus. along with the kazaks knowing bonus of 6% give us 66% or an extra 2 beakers for every 3 we produce

Top Bottom