[TOT] Diety level difficulty two settlers?

Did the console returned you an error message ?
Which game type did you launch ? Did you activate Lua events ?
Where did you put the event.lua file ?
Where do I check the console?
I launched a new extended original game. I'm not sure how to activate lua events what do I need to do for that?
I placed the lua events file in Extended Original folder.

Also would the following code work for creating the settler creation event?
-- Set up variables local civs = civ.getCivilizations() local unit = civ.getSelectedUnit() local winner = unit.owner -- Set up event local eventName = "Unit Victory" local eventType = "UNIT_WINS_BATTLE" local eventResult = "SPAWN_UNIT" local eventData = {unitType = "SETTLER", owner = winner} local eventId = civ.createEvent(eventName, eventType, eventResult, eventData)

I don't understand a damn thing there :D .
I guess ... no :D
I'll try to test the file with extended original this afternoon

Where do I check the console?
I launched a new extended original game. I'm not sure how to activate lua events what do I need to do for that?
I placed the lua events file in Extended Original folder.
First, check the TOTPP launcher and make sure that the Lua patches are enabled:
totppLauncher.png

When Lua Events are enabled, and there is a suitable events.lua file in the correct folder (you also need an empty events.txt file in that folder), you will get this message:
enableWindow.png

This is the Lua Console. If cheat mode is enabled, you can open it with CTRL+SHIFT+F3. It will also show up automatically if there is an error in the Lua code.
luaConsole.png

Following Prof. Garfield great explanation, here's the light code with both your "doubled settlers on deity" correction and a simple "slave generation feature", just tested it fine with unzipping it in the original extended folder then played such a game with lua on.

Attachments

• events.7z
    1.2 KB · Views: 17
Following Prof. Garfield great explanation, here's the light code with both your "doubled settlers on deity" correction and a simple "slave generation feature", just tested it fine with unzipping it in the original extended folder then played such a game with lua on.
I'm seeing this now almost a year later but this is exactly what I came back here for lol. I will give it a go and report back success or failure.

UPDATE: Two settlers works right off the bat. Will test the slavery function extensively and report back and issue.
UPDATE 2: The slavery function works! And what is more I'm able to edit the file understandably. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Top Bottom