Diety Trainer Anyone??

Originally posted by amirsan
Hey, as you can see, I am new in Diety. I was just wondering if any of you Diety Veterans out there interested in starting/running a Diety trainer. Many other Diety Newbies may be interested in the same... any volunteers??

So am I. I'm currently playing a solo game which turns to be my best Deity attempt ever, I'm gonna win, I swear it !!! But because I've never won a Deity game (I've never tried to play until the end, though), I'd like to have a trainer too. Follow the link in my sig and you'll see I already asked for this a few days ago. Ok, so we are 2 now... :goodjob: Maybe we could do as I say there : Id like to play the first round, but on an English/American saved game. ;)

EDIT : I see you're running PTW 1.21, I can't have it since I'm European. I can only run PTW 1.14 : would you play 1.14 as well ?

Not all games start out great. In HOT3 we were way behind from the start and managed to have our choice of victory in the End.

Read HOT3, RBP10 (A,B, or C) and CTR 1 and see how Deity newbies are doing on their own.

Good Luck !

Hotrod

Thing is amirsan a training game takes a lot of time for the vet who runs it. I am lucky enough to be involved with a training game with Speaker and he puts a lot of work into it. I am also playing in the aforementioned CTR1. We were all complete deity newbies, none of us had even won on Emperor in fact, but we aren't dead yet :) (admittedly its only just gone 2000BC).

Agree with SHard. There are two ways to go here--a true training day game run by a vet (with a whole lot of his/her time invested), or a group of relatively inexperienced players on that level. Either can work--CG7, HOT3 and the RBP10 teams are good examples of "relatively new to deity" games. The first two ended up winners, and the jury is still out on RBP10, none of the games are complete--well ok, the one I am in is not complete (there--no spoiler).

SP6 and EG1 are good examples of deity trainers. If I look around the board, most of the deity vets who would host a trainer are already in games, so unless one of them suggests it, I would suggest you set this up as a new-to-deity exploring game. Folks will still pop by to offer encouragement and advice.

BTW, I am not signing up--too much feasting here--just offering up my suggestions for how to focus your game given the lay of the land.

Top Bottom