Difference between Communism in Civ3 Vanilla and C3C

I think the only change is unit support.

In vanilla, it's
Town: 2
City: 4
Metro: 8
whereas in Conquests it's
Town: 6
City: 6
Metro: 6​

Communism is terrible in vanilla - if you have enough cities, then every one of them will have maximum corruption. In C3C, it still has "communal" corruption, but every city is productive instead.

It's just beastly, is all.

I think the only change is unit support.

In vanilla, it's
Town: 2
City: 4
Metro: 8
whereas in Conquests it's
Town: 6
City: 6
Metro: 6​

Hmm, that tell me why so many players use communism in Civ3C. Since they use tight city spacing, rarely do they have anything larger than a city. Therefore, communism maximizes their unit support over any other government, including monarchy, with no war weariness. In reality, communism did have problems with war weariness, Afghanistan being the best example. The Korean War would be another.

I believe 1 more change in C3Conquests was:
-Communism no longer has corruption in capitol

Can anyone confirm this?

I don't think any government, in Conquests at least, has corruption in the capital... I'm not sure about Vanilla, but I thought it was the same there too...

I think Thorvald of Lym was right, just that

SPHQ (Secret Police Headquarters) is not in Vanilla.

And this is really the thing that makes Communism worthwhile. With the SPHQ, the empire-wide corruption in Communism can actually be less than it is in a Democracy. You won't have a nearly corruption-free core, of course, so you can't have two-turn Modern Armor, for example, but overall, Communism with the SPHQ is hard to beat.

I seem to recall that Vanilla did have corruption in the capital, just as it did in every city. Of course, it has been several years since I played Vanilla, so take that with a grain of salt.

Communism is somewhat overpowered in C3C because, with Courthouses and Police Stations in every city, it is possible to have an empire approaching the domination limit with every city at 10-15% corruption. Also, Communism in PTW had corruption in the capitol, while Communism in C3C does not and also has the SPHQ.

Top Bottom