Difficult deity start (Toku/Fractal)

Simple Machine

Chieftain
I am curious to see how experienced Deity players would approach this start. We are Tokugawa of Japan, and our initial position is:

1672089871944.png

Really curious if anybody can figure out what the best opening is here without any prior map knowledge! I think you might realize it is quite tricky within the first 40-50 turns or so.

Even with some advance map knowledge, I still can't figure out what the best way to open is. Main questions are:

Spoiler Things you'll have to figure out early :

What things to tech first
How to deal with barbs
How/where to expand
Whether or not to rush Louis

Spoiler Isolated? :

Not isolated.

Starting as Toku with an AH resource is already not ideal, but here's what makes this start even harder...

Spoiler Why a tough start? :

You start close to Louis XIV, who is very likely to settle in your face by T35 and also is likely to build TGW.
There is a fairly large region of territory to the S and SE that will spawn lots of barbs.

Anyway... I've always been settling on the PH

Attachments

• Toku_Fractal_Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    81.2 KB · Views: 24
Nope
Spoiler :
I warrior moved nw and saw corn & oasis. Corn i would def. want with a no AH first possible leader, oasis would be very nice too.
With BAT used we can prolly spoiler freely anyways..won't be much feedback coming (when i look in the past).

Nope
Spoiler :
I warrior moved nw and saw corn & oasis. Corn i would def. want with a no AH first possible leader, oasis would be very nice too.
With BAT used we can prolly spoiler freely anyways..won't be much feedback coming (when i look in the past).
Oh I see, I didn't think of that

Top Bottom