Diplomacy Problem

Black PrinceIV

Chieftain
I decided to start a peaceful(mostly) game as the Indians and go for a cultural, diplomatic, or space race victory. I became friends with everyone on the map except for England whom I took out early so I could get the wonders they had built and some Marble. Greece bordered me to the South, The Ottomans to the West, Germany and America to the Northwest, and Askia to the Southeast with deserts to my east. I built up a strong alliance with Greece and Songhai and became friends with Germany and the Ottomans. Germany ended up fighting America and wiping them out while I expanded closer to them and the Ottomans. My expansion brought me into conflict with the Ottomans and they declared war on me. This was perfectly understandable and I had no problems with this. The problems started a little before this when my good friend Alexander became Hostile towards me. I still managed to get him to help me in the fight against the Ottomans and I also got Germany involved(they had fought them earlier). The Ottomans took one city but I took it back and got a peace treaty receiving three cities from them. This is when the major problems started. One of the cities I got from the Ottomans was Boston which I chose to liberate and bring back America since the message said they'd be eternally grateful. I free them and go to diplomacy and George greets me by saying he can't wait until he doesn't have to look at me anymore. After fighting alongside Greece for a while they became once again friendly with me but were still Hostile. Then Germany attacks me, followed by Greece, and then America. The only Country to actually behave normally was Songhai who remained friendly with me the whole time. My main problem was with Washington declaring war on me within 10 turns of bringing him back. That and the fact that all my friends turned on me.

Top Bottom