Diplomacy text: ActualQuotes for Warlords

I would like to combine this with the ethnically Diverse Units mod ,by Rabbit, do u know how I would do this or if it could be done? edit: nevermind I read your readme and combined them, adds alot of character, thank you for your efforts, very nice!

I've been using the jrayUGH modpack and came across this. Shouldn't it be "you will get all the women and boys"?

Attachments

• mehmed.JPG
    mehmed.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 217
:)

Not necessarily.

The form is not much in use anymore, but there's nothing wrong with it, gramatically or otherwise. There is also a difference in nuance between "to you will go" and "you will get". The former has connotations of you being given without having to do much for it. "Get" is different. You get paid when you work, you get something from the cupboard. "To you will go" is similar to something coming to you, seen from the other side.

Besides, it's a quote (albeit tweaked).

Of course! I totally overlooked the "to" of "to you will go". :blush: Every time I looked at that screen. :rolleyes:

forgive me if you have already fixed this bug, it was reported in jrayUGH mod, which includes this.

As reported over in the BetterAI bug report thread, the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml file included as part of this mod is missing some critical diplomacy infos that were added in Warlords, the three I saw were AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_VASSAL, AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_VASSAL, and USER_DIPLOCOMMENT_VASSAL_TRIBUTE, but you should probably do a comparison of the two files, to see what else was added in Warlords that is missing.

Without these diplomacy infos, if you use this mod you will never have the AI spontaneously offer to become a vassal (or to capitulate in war). I suspect you also never get the dialog when they cancel their vassalship, although it will cancel.

It appears that the conversion from Vanilla to Warlords just missed that there were these new infos.

Should be easy enough to fix.

-Iustus

Thank you. This confirms a sneaking suspicion I had.

However, there is one thing I can't work out: the new 'vassal' entries in Civ4DiplomacyInfos point to text in Civ4DiplomacyText.xml (or Civ4GameText_Warlords_Diplomacy.xml), but there is no corresponding text in those files.

So patching my 'Infos.xml would make absolutely no difference. Because Firaxis never made corresponding entries in the text files themselves.

Right?

I could of course fix that. But as it currently stands, as far as I can work out, no one gets vassal related diplomacy text -- ever. Even playing without mods.

Or what am I missing?

EDIT: Well, I've discovered what I'm missing. Those entries are for no good reason hidden inside CIV4GameText_Warlords.xml. So I guess I'll be uploading a patch of sorts now...

Hello, about the current patch, can you tell me what you specifically changed in the infos file to fix the vassals? I'm currently using a modified version of your mod with other leaders etc. so I can't simply overwrite it.

Thanks.

EDIT : Don't worry, think I worked it out from what Iustus said

For anyone else wondering,

Copy these three entries from your unmodified Warlords Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml into your modified Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml:

AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_VASSAL; AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_VASSAL; USER_DIPLOCOMMENT_VASSAL_TRIBUTE

That's all.

Hey guys. If you've already downloaded patch 3.51, you've probably found it causes an error. I'm really sorry.

A new, working patch (3.51b) is now uploaded. Get it here.

The broken file has been deleted.

Again, sorry for any trouble this might have caused.

This is so COOL!!!!

ActualQuotes has been nominated for the mod contest at GameFlood!

To whoever nominated me, thanks a bunch :)

There is no guarantee at this stage that the mod will make it to the public voting (2 - 16 July), but if it does, I will make a note of it here.

And of course you will all then run off and vote for it. Right?

Anyway, thanks a lot to everyone for your support so far. And there will be another installment as soon as BtS comes out.

This mod is mac-compatible. You only need to open up Civ4Diplomacytext.xml with a text editor such as BBEdit or textWrangler and use the "zap gremlin" menu item to remove some bogus ASCII characters (a common occurence with trying out modded xml files on the Mac Civ4 platform).

I will attached my fixed Civ4Diplomacytext.xml to this post for hte lazy ones ;) Version 3.51b

Narmox

Attachments

• CIV4DiplomacyText.xml.zip
    117.8 KB · Views: 108
Nicely done.

I've added a link to your post on the main page.

cool cool.. make sure to mention this is a "patch", still must get the other files from the mod and then use my Civ4Diplomacytext.xml, just in case some people get confused ;)

Thanks!

Narmox

Top Bottom