Diplomatic victory

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
What do you all think of just setting our research to Mass Media, and try to win diplomaticly? I've done it in a few of my games, and I liked it.

build, of course, if we bee-line it, we should have mass-media way before anyone else.

And we can trade techs along the way to try and stay high in power. This is what I usually do if defeat looks iminent and the space race doesnt look to good. ALthough I never come out winning since I never really play the diplomacy game. It looks like were in pretty good terms with the other nations. However, shouldnt we be building a navy, since Monte hasnt attacked us yet. I would like to see us sink his ships before his units reach our shores. I think if he even gets to pillage a little we can be risking victory.

Are we at war with Monty or something (and how come I didn't notice :confused:)

No we arent, but I found out on difficulties of Prince and higher, even if Monty is not on oyur continent, he will attack you if you dont share the same religion (and possibly even if you do.) The chances of him not attacking us are pretty slim especially if he has a power lead. (Which Im assuming he does.) I rather be prepared.

Also can someone check the save, open up the diplo screen with Monte, and move your mouse over can you declare war (on asnybody realy.) If the mouseover text comes up "We have enough on our hands right now" then Monte has already planned an attack (an most likely on us.) The only one way to stop him from attacking is bribing another civ to attack him.

Top Bottom