1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable event log messages

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by hendriksen, Sep 21, 2020.

1. hendriksen

hendriksen Chieftain

Hello,

While playing a game my event log eventually gets flooded with messages like: "great person" has been born in a far away land. Is it possible to disable messages like this? I use the event log to see if important things happen. I am not interested in this one.

In the BUG mod screen at the CIV4lerts tab I am able to disable and enable some messages, but not this particular one.

Great MOD by the way. Been playing CIV 4 on and off for quite a few years. The Rhye's and Fall concept is the only thing that kept me playing CIV 4 after 2008. Discovered this modmod like a year ago and was hooked all over again. I remember my first game as the Ottomans as I was landlocked between hostile civilizations with other religions and thought: wow thats realistic!

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Hey, great you are enjoying the mod.

That's a fair point. In fact I am not sure if BUG itself allows control over this but if it did I probably broke it because things changed due to civ specific great people names.

But it should not be too complicated to add a setting for this particular notification. Would you want fine grained control over which kind of GP births to be notified about? The game sends different messages for your own great people, those born in a known city, and those born in undiscovered territory.

3. hendriksen

hendriksen Chieftain

I like the message of my own great people, so a fine grained control would be preferable. Thanks for the help and fast response.

I am not entirely sure but I think I saw more messages that I couldn't disable. When I have the time this week I can sum them up and report back here. Maybe you could implement settings for those notifications to?

need my speed likes this.
  4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Sure, I guess that makes sense. If you have more messages that you don't find important, please let me know. I don't necessarily want to add settings for every single one of them, but it depends. If I consider it non essential, I'll try to make it more configurable.

DarkLunaPhantom likes this.
  5. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

While the topic of event log messages is up, would it be possible to add an option to re-enable notifications for when other civilizations change civics? It's not only great for keeping tabs on the civilizations around me, but it also helps the immersion into my games.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

For every civilisation in the game?

7. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Just civilizations that you have contact with.

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Alright, I'll keep it in consideration.

Hickman888 likes this.
  9. hendriksen

hendriksen Chieftain

Hello Leoreth, in my game I saw the following type of events which are not interesting to me:

- Great Engineer has been born in London (England)
    - Great General has been born in Olximche (native)
    - Catholicism has spread in Helsingfors. ( I am playing as Italy, so Helsingfors is a foreign city)
    - The learned English people enjoy a virtually universal literacy rate.
    - A joyous marriage in the islamic tradition ...... between Turkish and Iranian people..... ( I am playing as Italy, so not interested in this type of events between other civs. However I am interested if it is my civ)
    - Eugen von Savoyen has died in combat! (was not my great general)

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

This sounds like:
    - great people births/deaths not of your civilisation
    - religion spread outside of your civilisation
    - event effects that do not affect your civilisation

Do you think a setting like:
    - great people: all / known / nearby / only ours
    - religion: all / known / nearby / only ours
    - event effects: all / known / nearby / only ours

would work? I am not sure what a good definition of nearby is, but maybe shared borders would be sufficient. "Known" would be the same as "all" except events about things happening "in a foreign land" would be suppressed.

I mean, sounds like your preference would be "only ours", but I would like to hear the opinion of other people who are interested in limiting their amount of notifications as well.

11. hendriksen

hendriksen Chieftain

That would work very well for me, thank you. Like to hear other people's opinions as well.

black213 likes this.