Disable Next War Nuclear Destruction?

PatPeter

Chieftain
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable Next War ending the game if too many nuclear weapons go off? I think this is one of the stupidest features ever implemented in a mod, because Next War Scenario is my favorite thing to play, but after you play for three hours and the world inevitably ends, you want to punch a hole through your monitor.

Edit the number of nuclear weapons each nation can have in Civ4UnitClassInfos file in the XML\Units folder of the Mod.

NOTE: -1 = no limit

That would effectively ban nukes. Not what you want.

Find the CvEventManager.py, and modify the constant definitions; instead of g_iNumNukesWarningMessage = 7
and
g_iNumNukesGameOver = 20
, make them both -1.

That would effectively ban nukes. Not what you want.

Find the CvEventManager.py, and modify the constant definitions; instead of g_iNumNukesWarningMessage = 7
and
g_iNumNukesGameOver = 20
, make them both -1.

Sounds like it. I found the file with ease in:

\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War\Assets\Python

I changed the values but I am about to go to sleep. I will test them next game. I can't wait since the Next War scenario is my favorite thing to do in CivIV but my games would always be ruined by the nuke limit (I would try to ban nukes via the U.N. but that does not stop Europa from nuking my London).

Top Bottom