Disabling Tree Sway ?

Refar

Deity
Is there a way to [globally] disable [all] trees swaying in the wind ? XML, Pathon, SDK, whatever, as long as it works...

Disabling it for a specific set of trees would be of course even cooler, but we can live with disabling them all.

I don't know, I did notice that if you change the TileArtType from TILE_ART_TYPE_TREES to TILE_ART_TYPE_NONE they don't sway, but they also dont conform the ground elevation and such.

Yes, we need to use TILE_ART_TYPE_TREES, to adjust for elevation, roadcutting etc. None of the other TILE_ART settings will do that (Even LSystem will Roadcut, but not adjust elevation [pissed]).

So we need a way to disable sway, while keepin TILE_ART_TYPE_TREES. It's netter no trees Sway at all, than the Ruined City terrain swaing in the wind...

The LSystem does not work this way - it wont take a single Nif and put it somewhere (Well it can, but thats not the point of using LSystem, and it will loose tree cutting) - it will assemble the plot from different parts (Look at cottages for example) - placing these parts to avoid certain areas like roads or rivers.
Then it will put the assembled improvement on the top highest level in the plot (i.e. top of the hill)

As of now i do not know a way to tell the LSystem to use certain components only in the middle of a plot (like top of the hill with more elevation) while others would be used only in outer areas (with less elvation...)

I had suggested contacting Firaxis to refar, but he felt it would be unlikely to go anywhere. Do you know the cfc handles of any actual firaxis employees? I won't spam, but I would like to point them to the related threads.

Firaxis member (Ken?) into pestering Firaxis to move this control out to the DLL ;)
That would be great, but with since there probably will be no other BTS patch, i dont really see it happen - it's not just a question if people there want to help - a new patch would need to go through testing, quality assurance, publisher...
I had suggested contacting Firaxis to refar, but he felt it would be unlikely to go anywhere.
Despite my feeling that it might not leed no where i did PM'ed the people who came to my mind - i think Ken among them.
-----

I had slight progress myself - the LSystem has a "forceGroundLevel" flag - it makes buildings float a bit less, but they are still afloat. (The flag seem intended for flat objects (like farm fields) so apparently it does not work 100% proper on Buildings...). Also LSystem is a lot more hassle to work with, when it comes to ressurve placement etc.
So this is still suboptimal - the best solution would be indeed to de-aktivate tree-sway (Globally of just for some features...)

Top Bottom