Disbanding city disbands units of another city

Ali Ardavan

Mathematician
Retired Moderator
I have never noticed this bug before and I am wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Summary: A city of size 1 is about to disband into an engineer. When it does so, the units of the city just processed before it that are outside the city and have shield support get disbanded as well.

Details: In the attached game, part of GOTM 141, Size 1 Delphi is building an engineer which will force it to disband. When it disbands it also disbands two of the units of Gordium. Notice that Gordium is right before Delphi in the processing order of cities (see city list with F1). When Gordium gets processed its units are intact (you can tell this from the number of shields that get added or for good measure you can buy the van being made in Gordium so you can zoom to the city and look at all its units). As soon as Delphi disbands into an Engineer, the following happens to the units supported by Gordium:
Stealth fighter in Borazjan disappears
Engineer near Borazjan disappears
Rifleman inside Gordium is unaffected
Diplomat up north (in another city) is unaffected as well

Attachments

• Xerxes1768bugreport.sav
    48.3 KB · Views: 231
I've never seen (or at least never noticed) this sort of bug before. I have noticed on a couple occasions that foreign units somehow managed to get supported by my cities.

I was able to recreate your bug in Classic, but it did not occur in MGE.

I've noticed it many times. Also, if your empire is large and you disband a city it can disband a random unit pretty much anywhere not merely those supported by the former city, that is really annoying.

I was also unable to replicate the bug in MGE. Don't have a classic currently since I'm pretty much using only 64 bit operating systems.

Top Bottom