Discussion: Items and World Improvements?

cfkane

Emperor
I've had the idea for a long time now that I wanted to implement two of the innovations from FfH: Items and World Improvements. This way the world of the mod could be supplemented by items such as The Golden Fleece, The Holy Grail and The Maltese Falcon, and by locations like Pride Rock, The Fountain of Youth and The Mountains of Madness.

I have absolutely no talent for C++, so I would have to ask another party to compile the necessary dll for this.

But before we do that, should these aspects even be a part of the mod?

The items:
I think, technically they are a type of great general, who can be captured, so i'm not sure, if there are .dll changes needed.

I have absolutely no talent for C++, so I would have to ask another party to compile the necessary dll for this.

You forgot, what i've added ;).

But before we do that, should these aspects even be a part of the mod?

Sure :).

The items:
I think, technically they are a type of great general, who can be captured, so i'm not sure, if there are .dll changes needed.

You forgot, what i've added ;).

Sure :).

Well, I'd prefer the programming to be dll rather than python. Otherwise the game could slow to a crawl.

Plus, the C++ code for items and improvements have already been written, so we just need a guy with some dll experience to port them over. So if you've worked with the dll before, that would be great.

Again for the items:
I've looked at the great general unit, and they can be done with that.

A great general gives a special promotion, which can be defined by the player, to the unit. The 20 xp are in another xml tag.
So if you have a UNIT_EXCALIBUR, which is DOMAIN_IMMOBILE, can be captured and grants a PROMOTION_EXCALIBUR, and places it on the map as a barbarian unit, it could be "captured" by a player, and be attached to a unit.

Problem here: Barbarian units could take it.
Could be maybe prevented by modifiing some python.

Well, I'd prefer the programming to be dll rather than python. Otherwise the game could slow to a crawl.

I know, what i'm doing ;)...okay, only sometimes :D.

The code, i've added, is called after onGameStart, so it'll only affect the performace after the map creation, before the first turn, and not more in the game after that.

Plus, the C++ code for items and improvements have already been written, so we just need a guy with some dll experience to port them over. So if you've worked with the dll before, that would be great.

Haven't really dealt with the .dll, my own .dll is also just a "dummy", with only one premade change, there was nothing to merge or to code, sorry :(.

My ideas

Acator(Indiana Jones 4):Feature:works like civ rev's Oxford University when you find it.
Excalibur:Weapon:+3 Strength,Can only be equipped by Melee units

Top Bottom