Discussion: Turns 41 - 60

Hi,

I don't think sending Dark Puma to explore is a good idea. Sending out the settler undefended is out of question, and delaying the Oracle in any way is madness in my mind. We are playing a huge gambit here already, trying a CS slingshot vs. human opponents. Anything that delays this should be avoided.

I fully agree with Memphus' analysis that we will have enough time to explore their lands later, except for his statement that they will surely have popped all their huts, seeing as how we haven't done so ourselves... :p

-Kylearan

Alright, that's fine with me, just throwing options out there so that every body's aware of the possiblities of what can be done.

Edit: So this is the plan then?

@Lost_Civ - your counting seems to go from 1 to 3 in the screenshot.
Am I missing something?

EDIT: and why are you thinking we're not going to site A?
:confused:

Yeah, aparently my counting is messed up today.

I stoped there becuase that was what I thought were doing bacause of this map:

I do a better map then for Site A then.

Edit: right after as Memphus did it...
Spoiler map :

Turn 50

Shadow Tiger (96HP) has the chance to pop a hut on grassland. I vote we let him heal before popping it. :)

We eliminate a 5% chance of popping healing, which we don't want anyway.
We gain a permanent 3% boost in survival if the hut is good.
We gain an even bigger chance of survival if the hut has barbarians. I haven't run a simulation yet, but I would guess it's about 10% vs. 2 barbarians.

Okay, fine with me if that's what's wanted, though IIRC it was you that didn't want to heal the final bit. :p

For the record I am also for healing :) , but will be very disapointed if another team is on the other side of that hut and pops it the turn after we heal :p

I was thinking more of other huts that we might miss, but it doesn't really matter since the orders have already been changed. ;)

memphus said:
Who has there fingers crossed to pop CoL this turn ?? I do

Context: remarks made concerning the up-coming hut-pop. I don't know if this is important to consider, but if we wind up popping Code of Laws, will we lose beakers already invested in it's research? I'm sure the benefits outweign the risks (cost of the lost research), but I felt it prudent to bring it up.

peter grimes said:
Context: remarks made concerning the up-coming hut-pop. I don't know if this is important to consider, but if we wind up popping Code of Laws, will we lose beakers already invested in it's research? I'm sure the benefits outweign the risks (cost of the lost research), but I felt it prudent to bring it up.

We would loose beakers that we had already invested, however being the most expensive tech we could currently research it would still be a huge advantage (not to mention then we could prduce the Oracle full force)

Not to mention the 4 other teams would be quite perturbed that someone founded it that soon (I.E. they would assume oracle would be built in a turn or two ;) )

Top Bottom