DLC content modding

Lukasdb

Chieftain
Hello Everybody,

I am trying to modify Poland for my GF as she is very annoyed with Jadwiga kind of lackluster skills. I tried the same methodology with Japan and Hojo and it worked just fine. I started to think, that accessing DLC data requires some extra string perhaps? Here's what I have currently in XML

<GameInfo>
<LeaderTraits>
<Update>
<Where LeaderType="LEADER_JADWIGA" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_LITHUANIAN_UNION"/>
<Set LeaderType="LEADER_JADWIGA" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MEDITERRANEAN"/>
</Update>
</LeaderTraits>
</GameInfo>

MODINFO is filled and properties are set.

Basically this is suppose to replace Leader Trait of Jadwiga with Cleopatra. Let me know what I'm doing wrong and I will be very grateful :)

Since Jadwiga and Poland are DLC they don't necessarily load before mod code.

If your UpdateDatabase Action does not have a LoadOrder property of about 300 there's no assurance your code is executing after the Poland/Jadwiga code loads into the game. If you are running either of the expansions this issue is often complicated by the fact that the expansions re-write much of the existing data in the database, so you need that LoadOrder setting to ensure your code not only loads after the base game content, but after the DLC and the two expansions.

No errors are created when an Update commands finds nothing in the desired table that matches to the "Where" clause in the update -- it just does nothing. So you would not necessarily see errors being reported in the Database.log file at
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs

Works like a charm! Thanks a lot LeeS, appreciate your answer, as well as other comments in different threads, they also helped me there ;)

Top Bottom