DLL problems

srpt

Deist
First of all many thanks to all the knowledgeable people who generously answer these questions and I hope I'm asking in the right place.

I am trying to compile my first dll and having no luck. I am following these instructions: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/How_to_Install_the_SDK, using the 2008 version of Microsoft Visual C++ and everything matches perfectly through to the end of the tutorial. I am using the unaltered BtS source files, nothing modded.

The first question I have is about adding items to the build. I know what I need to add but when select all the files and folders and add them it doesn't seem to add the contents of the 2 subfolders (Python24 and Boost-1.32.0). They don't appear in the window with the other files.

Second question is about the path in the makefile to the PSDK. I am unclear whether I should be using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A or C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A.

Third question is about the build, which fails with the following message: NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'CvArea.cpp', however that file is not missing. What could be wrong?

I'm also a little unsure that I have the makefile in the right place. It goes in the folder you are building into?

Thanks.

You might want to try this tutorial and the files it provides: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=405444

v6.0A is the proper toolkit.

All files - the sourcecode, the Makefile, Python24 and Boost-1.32.0, vc project files - should be in the same folder.

I don't know why you can't copy Python24 and Boost-1.32.0, looks like some Vista/7 silliness, and I know nothing about Vista/7. You should not have to "add" any files to the project, you just copy the whole CvGameCoreDLL folder, or use the folder provided in Afar's tutorial. If copying the folder doesn't work, Afar's Makefile lets you link directly to BTS python & boost folders, so that you don't need them.

Success, at least as far as compiling vanilla code. Thank you and thank you to Asaf.

Top Bottom