1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do AI Nations Attack Each Other?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by TerryR, Jan 11, 2019.

1. TerryR

TerryR Chieftain

Hello,

I'm new to VP, but I'm enjoying it.

One odd thing I've noticed: I have never seen an AI nation go to war - or even denounce - another AI nation.

Granted, I'm only at 100 AD, but still.....

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Chieftain

which difficulty ?at the lowest difficulties, AIs declare less wars.
    are you an aggressive player ? if the answer is "yes", then it's normal, your threat is enough to unit the world against you.

3. TerryR

TerryR Chieftain

King. Right now I'm at 100 AD, and the AI nations seem to be ignoring each other.

4. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Chieftain

are you playing vp vanilla or you are using mods with it. Take care some mods create some odd effects on VP

5. TerryR

TerryR Chieftain

Just VP w/EUI. Maybe it's a fluke.

6. Grabbl

Grabbl Chieftain

The AI declares war to each other and denounces as well. I'd say that will happen also in your game, it's just too early. Early wars happen between AIs, too, but how much depends on how much space there is etc.

tu_79 likes this.
  7. Greslin

Greslin Chieftain

On my current playthrough, everyone's attacking everyone. It mainly depends on what AIs are on the board, I think: if you have Russia, America, Rome, Mongolia, etc. around, they're never just sitting on their hands hoping for a Culture or Diplo victory.

bigcat88 likes this.
  8. TerryR

TerryR Chieftain

Correction: I'm on Prince difficulty. At 1000 AD, and haven't seen any wars between AI nations, at least not yet.

9. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

Some possibilities:

- Most if not all the AIs in your game are peaceful/diplomatic ones.
    - The map is heavy water based, or filled with mountain ranges, and generally speaking AIs weren't competing for land, not before they already shared a bunch of positive diplomatic modifiers.
    - You're the bad boy, conquering one or two neighbours in early eras so they decided to put aside their divergencies.
    - It's Prince.

Owlbebach likes this.
  10. FoxOfWar

FoxOfWar Chieftain

Sometimes wars don't happen early, only for the last 300 years to be nothing except war into peace treaty into more war. Sound familiar?

...although far more often in a 10 player game one has already been swallowed by one of the others before hitting AD at all.

vyyt likes this.