Do AI Nations Attack Each Other?

TerryR

Chieftain
Hello,

I'm new to VP, but I'm enjoying it.

One odd thing I've noticed: I have never seen an AI nation go to war - or even denounce - another AI nation.

Granted, I'm only at 100 AD, but still.....

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm new to VP, but I'm enjoying it.

One odd thing I've noticed: I have never seen an AI nation go to war - or even denounce - another AI nation.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

which difficulty ?at the lowest difficulties, AIs declare less wars.
are you an aggressive player ? if the answer is "yes", then it's normal, your threat is enough to unit the world against you.

King. Right now I'm at 100 AD, and the AI nations seem to be ignoring each other.

The AI declares war to each other and denounces as well. I'd say that will happen also in your game, it's just too early. Early wars happen between AIs, too, but how much depends on how much space there is etc.

On my current playthrough, everyone's attacking everyone. It mainly depends on what AIs are on the board, I think: if you have Russia, America, Rome, Mongolia, etc. around, they're never just sitting on their hands hoping for a Culture or Diplo victory.

Correction: I'm on Prince difficulty. At 1000 AD, and haven't seen any wars between AI nations, at least not yet.

Some possibilities:

- Most if not all the AIs in your game are peaceful/diplomatic ones.
- The map is heavy water based, or filled with mountain ranges, and generally speaking AIs weren't competing for land, not before they already shared a bunch of positive diplomatic modifiers.
- You're the bad boy, conquering one or two neighbours in early eras so they decided to put aside their divergencies.
- It's Prince.

Sometimes wars don't happen early, only for the last 300 years to be nothing except war into peace treaty into more war. Sound familiar?

...although far more often in a 10 player game one has already been swallowed by one of the others before hitting AD at all.

Top Bottom