1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

do you change any advanced settings for your games?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by darden, Sep 25, 2013.

1. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

I always disable Ancient Ruins and the Time Victory, sometimes shutting off the Diplo victory as well. On occasion, I'll turn on Allow Social Policy Saving, and I'll enable Quick Combat towards the end of the game to reduce lag.
    Otherwise, I usually play with the default resource settings, though I do almost always add in extra Civs and drop back the number of City-States on the map.

2. isau

isau Warlord

Lately I do Continents on a Small map, Low Water, +2 civs, turn off time and diplo victories.

3. therottweiler

therottweiler Chieftain

I will sometimes reduce # of city states.

4. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

I'm not working on a bigger world wide stage in a very short time...
    Hemispheres (because water maps are tedious!), Quick Speed, Prince, 22 civs (all of them!), 41 CS (all of them!) Huge map (because having 22 civs and 41 CS on a dual water map is a disaster)!

5. Dtekkar

Dtekkar Chieftain

Quick Combat (always)
    Quick Movement (generally)
    Policy Saving (generally)

I mess around with the rest periodically to mix things up, but those above are checked almost every game. No ruins, no barbs, raging barbs get a try a fair bit. I like to drop 2 Civs from the map when I want to focus on empire building, add 2 civs when I want to go a-conquerin'. Sometimes I add extra city states, or remove them entirely.

6. Lorf Yimzo

Lorf Yimzo Atheist

I almost always put on Random personalities, disabled start bias, policy saving, promotion saving, time victory off, random seed and sometimes less CSs.

I like being random.

7. mediobogdum

mediobogdum Chieftain

Quick combat and movement, time victory off, and save policies and promotions.

Now that I think about it I don't think I've played a V game without turning off at least the movement and fighting animations.

I've recently tried sparse resources on the Sandstorm map.

It's not as bad as I'd anticipated. Oil for instance is actually a commodity. I'm fighting wars to get aluminum. Seems to force action in some instances.

8. black213

black213 Chieftain

I'm addicted to Legendary Start.

I also always enable policy and promotion saving, quick combat and movement. Sometimes low sea level for more room.

9. Sturmgewher88mm

Sturmgewher88mm Kaiser

I usually do:
    Complete kills
    Raging barbarians
    High sea level with hemispheres or Low sea level with archipelago
    Abundant resources
    No time victory

I also like to choose my opponents.

10. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

I always turn on social policy saving, and promotion saving. Also, time victory is always off. Occasionally I'll do complete kills; it's funny when you've conquered a city state, but because they have a gatling gun wandering about on the island they were formerly on they still show up, can still be bribed, and still count towards the World's Congress.