Do you EVER accept AI proposed trades?

What I find odd is when they offer a trade deal where they want a great work of yours but they are also offering a great work in return. The rest of the deal in these cases is usually horrible but what's the point? You're basically trading great works. Usually though they want my spare strategics and offer money and sometimes luxuries and great works which I take if I can afford it. But I end up rejecting more often than not or trying to haggle which usually ends up in a rejection anyway as the haggling rarely works out to anything good. I also hate when you just start collecting a new strategic resource so have only a handful and the AI wants all of it in a trade...pfft, rejected!

Reactions: PiR
Yes, out of sheer laziness.

This is me too. In the early game when I really need to squeeze all the gold I can I will set up my own trades. Later in the game when I have a good income and lots of stuff to trade I don't want to take the time to deal with it and will just accept what comes in.

I reject immediately if the civ has denounced me. Otherwise I'll look at it, and maybe simplify it. Also, if they are wanting strategics, do I want them to have it or not? If they are at war with someone I don't like, I may be happy to let them have iron at a discount..

I usually just x out whatever they offered and ask "what will you give me?" and they just offer gold instead, which I accept without further haggling. I don't want strategics, diplo favor, etc. I want MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
same here :)

Yes, because I found that if I modify an acceptable deal they may not accept it any more. Then even if I restore the original offer they won't. At least at some point it worked so, not sure if this changed. Anyone experienced this?
yes sir! many many times! but still I almost always try to ask for more

What I find odd is when they offer a trade deal where they want a great work of yours but they are also offering a great work in return. The rest of the deal in these cases is usually horrible but what's the point? You're basically trading great works.
yesssss I don't understand it either, thank you for pointing that out!
The worse part is... there IS a way it would make sense, to make themed museums. BUT it's not even why they propose this, I checked and was so disappointed!!

yesssss I don't understand it either, thank you for pointing that out!
The worse part is... there IS a way it would make sense, to make themed museums. BUT it's not even why they propose this, I checked and was so disappointed!!

It would be nice if the AI WAS smart enough to trade great works for great works for precisely this purpose. But if it could do that it would likely be the competent AI that everyone is pining for in this game.

I pretty much always do, unless it is something I don't want to give them * diplomatic favor or Great Works being the most common*

This is me too. In the early game when I really need to squeeze all the gold I can I will set up my own trades. Later in the game when I have a good income and lots of stuff to trade I don't want to take the time to deal with it and will just accept what comes in.

Same here.

Top Bottom