Do you know an older game...

... that is not abandonware?

• No, I don't

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Yes, but I don't remember any

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yes, it's the one I say bellow in a post

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • CIV1? What is it? What I'm doing here?

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Well Gonzo, IF no one posted other, NO.

:p

What're the chances of that happening? :D

I could care less if it's moved :)

After great deliberation I've decided... <drum roll> NOT to move this thread. It has a very loose connection to Civ1 so provided it's the only thread of its kind in the forum it can stay.

Damn! I demand a recount!!!! :D

Okay, i need someone's help, and it related to the thread. I saw an arcade version of a game i used to play and love today. Unfortunately it was in passing and I didn't get the name.

There are little things that come down from the sky and you shoot at them and try and stop them. Really old graphics. NOT asteroids or galaga.

Your weapon is a little white line that when it hits where you clicked forms an expanding circle.

I still love Galaga and play it everytime I go to the laundromat.

AND GONZO- that is almost certainly Missile Command. You put a cursor over the head of the incoming missile and you shoot and the anti missile expldes and if it is close enough to the head of the missile it smashes it...

Lucas Games (Monkey Island...) are not abandonware to my knowledge, and some are older, aren't they?

Well i guess lucasarts oldies are special. I talked about SCUMM in another thread in all other games forum. It's an emulator for lucasarts games (even day of the tentacle). The surprising fact is that LucasArts (former lucasfilm ltd.) didn't try to close the guy's site and project, but rather helped and contributed to promote it. So actually it was really nice from them. now you can infer those games can be abandonware...

From what I know, Lucas games are not abandonware yet.
SCUMMVM author says you need originals.
No Monkey Island fan site approved by Lucas posts the game as download.

I know loads of games older, heres 130..... ;) :p

Yeah the pic is a bit dodgy. Ive only got a crappy camera, 300,000 pixels and no flash :( .

Top Bottom