1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you roleplay your civ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Psychorg, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Tortanick

Tortanick Chieftain

God's insane, evacuate the universe to an afterlife outside his mad grasp

2. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Heh, if memory serves correctly, Sephiroth actually wanted to cause such a huge destructive cataclysm to the world that (a) all institutions of humanity would be destroyed, and (b) when the worlds energy (lifestream) rushed in to heal the wound, he would be there to absorb it and become a deity. Man, that game has a complex plot. Good stuff.

3. Tortanick

Tortanick Chieftain

Yes but it sort of collapsed at the end, "deadline approaching, wrap it up"

and I believe you're right.

4. vorshlumpf

vorshlumpf Chieftain

A large part of the appeal of FfH for me was exactly the ability to feel like you're more in a role as the leader, as opposed to playing a game where you have two leader traits that define your general strategy.

Yes, I can't wait to try out Perpentach ;)

- Niilo

5. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Remind me to stay away... :cringe:

6. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Yeah, well I dont remember the details. But I remember I played the game over and over to improve my completion time. I think my record was 29 hours including Ingame movie time.

7. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Oh, is that so?

8. Grey Fox

Yeah well, I was only like 13 years without internet, and not that fanatic about getting it perfect. ;)

Dont know how many hours of movies there was I could count away.

I also completed Resident Evil without a memory card (didnt have one), in under 2 hours.

9. Corlindale

Corlindale Chieftain

I don't really roleplay that much. I've played most of my games while Conquest was the most feasible victory, so I almost always end up backstabbing even my good friends while playing the Elohim, for example, unless I've been lucky enough to get a Permanent Alliance in place with one of them. And that certainly isn't in character. I suppose we did do a bit of roleplaying back when we did the public succession games to display the features of FFH2, at least in the write-ups.

Come to think of it, I did actually play quite a fun game involving roleplaying on one occasion. I was the Ljosalfar, and I got a really amazing start location, which was next to a long river. As I explored further I found that this river was surrounded by fertile terrain and forests, so I promptly decided that the land around the river was "the promised land" for the Ljosalfar civilization, founded all my cities there, and crushed the one enemy who was insolent enough to try and grab a piece of that land.

I also tend to name interesting terrain features(large forests, mountain ranges, lakes, sites of greast battles) with fantasy-ish names to help immersion.

10. Karakas

Karakas Chieftain

you said you give names to your units? how do you do that? :confused:

11. Sareln

Sareln Chieftain

With the unit selected, you have in the lower left it's icon, stats and name. Click on the name and a box will pop up for you to change it. Keep in mind that it will still have it's unit Class like this: Farstrider (Scout) so you can tell what is what in the stack.

12. Karakas

Karakas Chieftain

sweet ^^ this adds another dimension to civ >_>

thanks

13. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

you can add signs on the landscape with ALT-S in case ya didnt know.

14. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Just played a fun pseudo-roleplaying game. I setup 2 teams. I was playing Arendel and my teammates were Amelanchier and Thessa. The other team was Jonus, Alexis and Tebryn. Of course we founded and all converted to the fellowship. We had one gigantic 3 civilization ancient forest to run around and hide in (until those nasty orcs and vampires started meddling).

15. Grey Fox

Btw, what if (to get inspired from LotR), the orcs could cut down forests (anywhere) and have a chance of producing units or something?

Excuse me if something like this is already in, I havnt played FfH in a while.

16. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

they do get axemen, thatd be a neat idea.. maybe they get produciotn, or like you said, weaker units

17. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I think it would be great if rampaging armies could lay waste to any forest in their path. Orcs most especially, but I imagine that even the Bannor would, given sufficient provocation (like the elves not being Order :lol:).

18. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

i think itd make sense to give the ability to any axemen units, not all civs get axemen so it works (elves and many others get swordsmen instead of axemen)

maybe chopping down a forest could produce a word fort (so they could damage enemy land and dig-in to the tile and become harder to remove)

or maybe it could provide the timber needed for making a basic siege weapon (something really weak, like a battering ram that has no collateral damage but can reduce city defenses by 5% per turn)

19. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I've always thought that battering rams fit the orcs much better than catepults.

And maybe petards instead of cannons, a la Age of Empires! :D

20. Grey Fox

And as a little balancing factor, this could increase the chance the Ancient forest becomes enraged and produces an Ancient Ent unit (or whatever those trees are called now again ;)).