Do you roleplay your civ?

TheJopa said:
I do sometimes.
But there are some impossible combinations. I have no problem with vampires becoming lawfully good and living on animal/criminals blood, or something like that. But sheaims becoming good, if they banded together just to destroy the world, how would they become good? Their nation would fall appart and join bannor or something else (They are same race as any other human, IIRC, and their only speciality is that they are evil and worship dragons)

God's insane, evacuate the universe to an afterlife outside his mad grasp

Heh, if memory serves correctly, Sephiroth actually wanted to cause such a huge destructive cataclysm to the world that (a) all institutions of humanity would be destroyed, and (b) when the worlds energy (lifestream) rushed in to heal the wound, he would be there to absorb it and become a deity. Man, that game has a complex plot. Good stuff.

Yes but it sort of collapsed at the end, "deadline approaching, wrap it up"

and I believe you're right.

A large part of the appeal of FfH for me was exactly the ability to feel like you're more in a role as the leader, as opposed to playing a game where you have two leader traits that define your general strategy.

Yes, I can't wait to try out Perpentach ;)

- Niilo

Chandrasekhar said:
Heh, if memory serves correctly, Sephiroth actually wanted to cause such a huge destructive cataclysm to the world that (a) all institutions of humanity would be destroyed, and (b) when the worlds energy (lifestream) rushed in to heal the wound, he would be there to absorb it and become a deity. Man, that game has a complex plot. Good stuff.

Yeah, well I dont remember the details. But I remember I played the game over and over to improve my completion time. I think my record was 29 hours including Ingame movie time.

Yeah well, I was only like 13 years without internet, and not that fanatic about getting it perfect. ;)

Dont know how many hours of movies there was I could count away.

I also completed Resident Evil without a memory card (didnt have one), in under 2 hours.

I don't really roleplay that much. I've played most of my games while Conquest was the most feasible victory, so I almost always end up backstabbing even my good friends while playing the Elohim, for example, unless I've been lucky enough to get a Permanent Alliance in place with one of them. And that certainly isn't in character. I suppose we did do a bit of roleplaying back when we did the public succession games to display the features of FFH2, at least in the write-ups.

Come to think of it, I did actually play quite a fun game involving roleplaying on one occasion. I was the Ljosalfar, and I got a really amazing start location, which was next to a long river. As I explored further I found that this river was surrounded by fertile terrain and forests, so I promptly decided that the land around the river was "the promised land" for the Ljosalfar civilization, founded all my cities there, and crushed the one enemy who was insolent enough to try and grab a piece of that land.

I also tend to name interesting terrain features(large forests, mountain ranges, lakes, sites of greast battles) with fantasy-ish names to help immersion.

DMN said:
My elite units - those with high XP and those who have done some glorious deed - always get unique names and are treated accordingly. Giving names to your units is a really cool feature.

And I do roleplay a bit, but that doesn't mean I play very different than I'd do when I'd want to play efficiently. If I need to declare war on my good neighbor as Bannor, then I just claim his religion is heresy and that he must be punished for his offenses against the Elohim or whatever. So I always play power politics, but find other reasons for doing it. Just as real-life politicians do.

you said you give names to your units? how do you do that? :confused:

Karakas said:
you said you give names to your units? how do you do that? :confused:

With the unit selected, you have in the lower left it's icon, stats and name. Click on the name and a box will pop up for you to change it. Keep in mind that it will still have it's unit Class like this: Farstrider (Scout) so you can tell what is what in the stack.

Sareln said:
With the unit selected, you have in the lower left it's icon, stats and name. Click on the name and a box will pop up for you to change it. Keep in mind that it will still have it's unit Class like this: Farstrider (Scout) so you can tell what is what in the stack.
sweet ^^ this adds another dimension to civ >_>

thanks

Just played a fun pseudo-roleplaying game. I setup 2 teams. I was playing Arendel and my teammates were Amelanchier and Thessa. The other team was Jonus, Alexis and Tebryn. Of course we founded and all converted to the fellowship. We had one gigantic 3 civilization ancient forest to run around and hide in (until those nasty orcs and vampires started meddling).

Btw, what if (to get inspired from LotR), the orcs could cut down forests (anywhere) and have a chance of producing units or something?

Excuse me if something like this is already in, I havnt played FfH in a while.

I think it would be great if rampaging armies could lay waste to any forest in their path. Orcs most especially, but I imagine that even the Bannor would, given sufficient provocation (like the elves not being Order :lol:).

i think itd make sense to give the ability to any axemen units, not all civs get axemen so it works (elves and many others get swordsmen instead of axemen)

maybe chopping down a forest could produce a word fort (so they could damage enemy land and dig-in to the tile and become harder to remove)

or maybe it could provide the timber needed for making a basic siege weapon (something really weak, like a battering ram that has no collateral damage but can reduce city defenses by 5% per turn)

And as a little balancing factor, this could increase the chance the Ancient forest becomes enraged and produces an Ancient Ent unit (or whatever those trees are called now again ;)).

Top Bottom