Do you think we'll be using nukes in this game?

Do you think we'll be using nukes before game's end?

• Yes, it will we key to domination :nuke:

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Maybe, when we're close to domination

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • A little, we'll probably have a stock pile

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Nope, NO MORE NUKES!

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Just to have a poll in the past week. This forum is looking sad. :)

Yes, this is informational.

lol, I was wondering when another poll will be posted. I think we should use them when close to domination because it is quick and easy and no one will care about our reputation and the cities will be a quick and easy capture.

If we can't win this game without nukes I am going to be thoroughly embarrassed for the lot of us. We will need Panzers, but I was pondering whether it would be over before we got airplanes.

I doubt it will be over before flight if we are going for domination. Also, now that I think about it, we should use nukes if we were going for conquest, but it wouldn't hurt to use a few.

Heck no. We are already in a position where our forces will be unstoppable. When panzers come out we will easily take most of what we need for domination. The only thing nukes would do is possibly speed up the end game a little bit. I'd hate to even simulate a mentality that used nukes just for the hell of it.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I'd hate to even simulate a mentality that used nukes just for the hell of it.
:flamedevi Precisely what they were invented for... hell on earth... :flamedevi

Nonetheless, I believe we'll have them, and likely have lots of them before the end of the game. Whether or not we use them will depend on how patient we are at the end, and how many Fanatikan lives we might save by using them. And of course, if our enemies use them on us, first, then the gloves may just have to come off.

Domination Victory may not be as easily obtainable as we might wish. There is a lot of territory out there, and we'd need to take a lot of it before anyone else finishes a space ship or calls a UN vote. We may want to start thinking about holding our next GL in reserve to ensure we get the UN built to prevent an unexpected ending to the game.

True, and we need to decide when to prebuild for the UN (just in case), or for another wonder. But, that's a topic for another thread.

Hehe... I guess nobody noticed my suggestion of wiping out all life on Earth with nukes..... (btw, it IS possible, I've done it in a test scenario.... systematically nuke all squares, all cities back to size one, and make sure no workers survive.... without workers to clean the pollution, the cities can't grow back, thus ensuring that no city ever grows back past size one... except maybe coastal cities, but they will only grow to size 2 or 3, and won't have the production to build workers.) Anyways, I voted for "a few", because eventually some desperate AI on the receiving end of our Panzer onslaught will be crazy enough to nuke us, and we'll need to hit back.

EDIT: And for those of you who are worried about surprise Space Ship and UN victories, there is a way to protect against that using nukes. I'm not advocating it, but here it is: spy on our enemies often. Find out who is building what wonders where, and if they seem to be getting to close to UN or the end of the Space Race, then nke the cities building those wonders. That'll slow them down sufficiently. ;)

I voted Nope, none at all.

When did we get to the point of even considering taking this great Nation to a level of fouling the world we are trying to dominate with nuclear radiation? What an absurd idea...why don't we just surrender now?

We have an abundance of Armies filled with high tech equipment in a backwards world. We shall soon have Panzers to roll across any terrain and take what we want. There will be enough death and destruction in the future without us first disgracing ourselves and then killing ourselves off. Get serious.

An avid No-Nuker.

We might use them, but I doubt it. It would be fun to nuke someone, although we probally don't need them.

I voted NO with Cyc and Shaitan. There is absolutely no reason for us to use nuclear weapons this game, and I would have a hard time justifying it even if we were in second place.

We are in a position where we can control whether or not Manhattan Project even gets built. We should not try to build this ourselves, and we will learn when a civ even attempts to bring forth the nuclear age by building it. That civ should become our immediate enemy, starting with an attack on the city reseaching Manhattan. Seeing we can usually wipe out a civ in 10 turns or less, I don't think we are in danger of this even happening.

Maybe I should have made the poll more general. "Will nukes be used by anything this game?". :D

No nukes, please. They cut down on our finally score and would be evidence of poor planning on our part.

No nukes. None, nill, nada, zit, zero, null, 0
not even 1/2
We cannot hurt the innocent civilians, can we?
other than that - I will just repeat all other no-nuke posts in this thread as my own opinion - they are all good points.

I agree with paalikles,Shatain and Cyc on this one. No Nukes at all. Sinking to that level will just tarnish our reputation. Any civ that attempts to build the Manhatten should be immediatly destroyed(as Donavan Zoi has stated) this means we better hurry so that we can establish borders with every nation so that we may counterattack quickly

Reputation? Suffering?

These 'civilians' you talk of are numbers in a game!

I have a habit of, at the end of the game, attacking people who are gracious towards me. why? because no matter how much the other civs hate me, they cant stand up to me.

Nukes in real life = detestable
Nukes in Civ III = Means to an end.

However, I doubt we will get to that point. I will be dissapointed if we dont win the game this term.

Our armies are building, now lets attack!

Top Bottom