Documentation

Cammagno

King
@Alerum

Great idea to move the list of included mods from BUGReadMe.rtf to the new BUGModsIncluded.rtf
I did the same for FBUG, creating FBUGModsIncluded.rtf and modifing FBUGReaMe.rtf (removing the list and adding the reference to FBUGModsIncluded.rtf).
I'm about to update the italian version of all these docs.

@everybody

what about changing the names of the release files from TheBUGMod1_00.xxx to something like BUG_100.xxx and from TheFlavorfulBUG1_00.xxx to FBUG_100.exe?

I was thinking abotu the same thing Cam. I don't think we need the full name for people to remember anymore. I'm also thinking of not including a .zip of the FBUG, and just having the install.

I was thinking abotu the same thing Cam. I don't think we need the full name for people to remember anymore. I'm also thinking of not including a .zip of the FBUG, and just having the install.

Uhm... I don't know, I usually like the zip versions, because I like to have more control and knowledge :D Probably I saw too much "X-Files" :lol: but I prefer to know what a program is doing in my PC :)
So, may I suggest to leave zip version alive at least for major releases?

What about making "sticky" the "Request for new components" and the "Questions about the BUG mod" (it is 'queStions' :crazyeye: ) threads?

I can't believe I made that typo! I'm usually pretty good about catching that. Alright, is not a bad idea. Will PM woodelf about it now.

I'm updating documentation (no really!) and cannot find who created the original City Cycle Arrows and GPBar. If someone remembers or can find it, please update the docs.

I'm updating documentation (no really!) and cannot find who created the original City Cycle Arrows and GPBar. If someone remembers or can find it, please update the docs.

I don't remember, but I'll try to find it.
When you have time, please look at IncludedModsVersion.xls (in the main folder) and help me to fill the empty boxes (for almost all of them, you only have to put in a VN for mod created or modified by you :) )

I've updated the changes doc. The only one left to write up is Autolog, but I can't think of what major things I changed. I think all I did was have it look for the log file elsewhere, but that's not very exciting. What else? Ruff?

I was looking at the files and thinking ... spaces? Why does each start with BUG when they're in the "BUG Documentation" folder? :)

Perhaps...
  • Changes
  • File Organization
  • Features
  • Included Mods
  • Read Me
Also, should we merge Changes into Included Mods since we'll need a Changes document for future releases -- changes we've made to OUR mod, not the included mods. Just a few thoughts. I'm not attached to either way ('cept the lack of spaces maybe, even the GPL file gets spaces :rolleyes:).

I've updated the changes doc. The only one left to write up is Autolog, but I can't think of what major things I changed. I think all I did was have it look for the log file elsewhere, but that's not very exciting. What else? Ruff?

I was looking at the files and thinking ... spaces? Why does each start with BUG when they're in the "BUG Documentation" folder? :)

Perhaps...
  • Changes
  • File Organization
  • Features
  • Included Mods
  • Read Me
Also, should we merge Changes into Included Mods since we'll need a Changes document for future releases -- changes we've made to OUR mod, not the included mods. Just a few thoughts. I'm not attached to either way ('cept the lack of spaces maybe, even the GPL file gets spaces :rolleyes:).

I like spaces also, but Alerum didn't wanted them for some reason that I don't remember... if that reason is not there anymore, we can put them in.
About BUG in the name... I think it's better to leave it, maybe as a tag [BUG].
About merging Changes with Included Mods, I'm in favour of it.i also want to merge with it the file with the version numbers, when it is filled with the missing VN.
We have to pay attention to change accordingly all the docs which have references to them.
I can take care of these things this evening (now it's 14 o'clock here).

The reasoning is SF is picky about spacing when first set things up... kept getting errors anytime I'd upload a file to it when I first got it going. Go ahead and make the changes, and see if the commit okay.

I do agree with EF about removing BUG from the name on all but our Read Me file, just to be safe.

I think you were having trouble with spaces only when uploading the installer/zip? I remember that we were talking about how to format the version number at the same time, and that only appeared on the ZIP. In any case, other files have spaces so we should be good there.

I see the reason for leaving BUG in. If you do, just leave it as BUG, don't add []s or anything. "BUG Read Me" is fine as are the others. But do note the other name changes (e.g. Dir is a little obtuse).

Okay now I really need to get ready for work!

I see the reason for leaving BUG in. If you do, just leave it as BUG, don't add []s or anything. "BUG Read Me" is fine as are the others. But do note the other name changes (e.g. Dir is a little obtuse).

Ok, I've renamed all the docs files, both for BUG and FBUG (another reason for leaving "BUG" and "FBUG" before the names is to differentiate them).
I also updated all the English docs fixing the references to other files and merging Changes files into Included Mods files.
I still have to update the Italian files, but I'll do it.

Note that for now, FBUG docs are only related to the Flavor stuff, if we want (as I suppose) to release FBUG as a pack including BUG, these files need a bit of updating (for example including BUG files inside FBUG Structure.rtf).

Ok, I've updated all the docs (for BUG and FBUG) to reflect the new independent nature of the two mods.
Please check my English :blush:
I've a bit more work to do on the Italian docs, but the documentation is almost ok now.

The only things needed are the following:
- the FBUG Included Mods.rtf is without the section about the changes made by the BUG Team to the original mods (as the relative section in BUG Mod)
- the French Readme.rtf need to be updated to match the English one.

@EF

I've just translated your Changes section. Everything is ok, but a couple of things about CDA seems a bit strange to me. :blush:

#####
- Added a set of building class columns that show the building type for the civ you're playing.
- Added a second set of building type/class columns that show if you have the building or not instead of the effects of the building. These columns are narrower than the originals.
#####

It is not a new set of columns, if I'm not wrong, it is the same... we have two sets, the original ones (specific buildings with effects) and the new one (class building with status).

If I'm right, I'll suggest something like this (maybe in a better English :lol: ):
"Added a set of building class columns that show the building type for the civ you're playing. These columns show if you have the building or not instead of the effects of the building (which anyway are showed placing the mouse cursor over the icons on the top of the columns), so they are narrower than the originals."

#####
- Changed all building columns to use the building's icon instead of its name.
#####

Did you added the building icons to the normal building columns? If the answer is yes, I haven't realized it yet :blush:

You have also added the civ-specific building columns, no mention about them?

#####
-Resource columns now show their icon as the header and the effects as the value.
#####

To tell the truth, we have two series of resource columns, both with icons as headers, one showing effects and the other one showing availability.

That's the problem with writing docs long after doing the work. :( Good catches, and I'll update the comments and the docs tonight or tomorrow. I think you're correct on each item you mentioned.

I've finally written docs for the mods I created. Deadlines are great motivators. :) Please let me know if I missed any. Yes, I'm so lazy I'm asking you to tell me if I missed any mods that I created. :mischief:

BTW, Impaler[WrG] did the Great Person Bar, but I couldn't find a readme for it. I think he may have created it when he added some other stuff to MainScreenMod.

That's the problem with writing docs long after doing the work. :( Good catches, and I'll update the comments and the docs tonight or tomorrow. I think you're correct on each item you mentioned.

Still a couple of little things that are not fully correct about these :blush:

#####
Added a set of building class columns that show whether or not you have constructed the building type (based on your current civilization) for that class. The headers for these columns are the building icons.

Added a set of building type columns similar to the above columns.
#####

They are not so similar, because they show the effect instead of the status and the don't have icons as headers (at least, if you don't have changed them in this last upload)
Plus, there are also the columns for civ-specific buildings which appear only if the right civilization is played

#####
Resource columns now show their icon as the header and the effects as the value.
#####

there are two series of resource columns, both with icons as headers, one showing effects and the other one showing availability.

Top Bottom