Does anyone find clicking around a bit annoying?

Aweather

Chieftain
It seems that there doesn't exist a hotkey for proceeding on "choose research" "choose production", while we do have a hotkey for next turn and next unit.

Does anyone find it a bit annoying to click on the right bottom corner and then move your mouse all the way to the left to select research or production?

I find the Civ IV user interface much more efficient in doing this as you don't need to move your mouse that much to do choose things in a row.

This is especially annoying when you have a huge empire. If 10 cities needs to choose production, you literally need to move your mouse across the screen 20 times.

I haven't tracked the time precisely, but I believe that the time we need to move our mouse and clicking on the screen across the screen sums up to more than 10-20% of the total game time.

I know some people like to double check the movements of their units (especially for the end of turns, so that's why there's an option), but I personally like the Civ IV system better, where the next movement directly comes up directly after the previous movement is done without the need to click "choose research" "choose production".

I hope there is at least an option in the settings to enable that, or does anyone know if there is a workaround for that? Is there any programs that does that for us?

I hope I'm just missing something. :(

All comments and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Either f5 or f6 will bring up the technology tree. You can choose your research like that. And there is a way to switch from city to city when in the production screen. But I'm not sure how to do it since it's not something I use.

Either f5 or f6 will bring up the technology tree. You can choose your research like that. And there is a way to switch from city to city when in the production screen. But I'm not sure how to do it since it's not something I use.

Thanks for your input!

You can use the arrow keys to switch between cities when you are viewing the city. However, doing so would bring up cities that are still working on something. I believe that the unit switching system is the same, it would bring up units sleeping.

So just to be clear, I was wondering if the "click" can be automated or binded to a single hotkey.

Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom