Does the achievement We Are Family work?

I did a two person hotseat with Celts and Russia (dunno why I went Russia, Korea would have been faster), no barbs, no CS. I explored ancient ruins and got a religion fast with Celts (GameSpeed Standard). After I got a religion with Russia (a handful more turns and more ancient ruins) I waited for about a minute (at least 30s) and saw the Steam achievement popup. So it's the standard delay on achievements after all capitals have a player-created religion in multiplayer (my assumption at least - someone would need to test on 8 players and make sure the religion spreads to the other 3 civs or do a huge map that would allow all 8 to create a religion).

I've attached my savegames: rd 91, the rd before I get the achievement ans rd 92, the magic round for "we are family" :)
Maybe someone wants to look at my game and can explain WHY I get in in that special round. (path for the savegames is ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\hotseat\auto\)

Nicely done. I should have thought of attaching a save.

Top tip: Turn off barbarians - saves so much time. I did that, but forgot to mention it here (thanks Robert '227/227' Smith for the reminder)

>>thanks MrOz80, I used your 91 turns save and get the achievement at turn 95

No Problem.

After turn 95? Interesting - 4 turns after me!

That makes it much more puzzling?! :crazyeye:

Just heard back from 2K support. Turns out the Capitals that have to be converted are the original Capital cities from the beginning of the game. If a Capital get's taken over by another Civ, it is still the one that needs to be converted.

They're going to clarify/simply in a future patch.

Just heard back from 2K support. Turns out the Capitals that have to be converted are the original Capital cities from the beginning of the game. If a Capital get's taken over by another Civ, it is still the one that needs to be converted.

Just as a note, I had converted every city in the world and did not get it. I did own some of the original capitals at that point, though, and I don't know if that breaks it.

Did they say whether it was mutli or solo player?

This is a buggy achievement. I got this in a multiplayer game without spreading my religion to every cap. I was playing a religy game yes, and sent a missionary to a city but shouldnt have gotten the achievement (but I did). (There was a cont my religion hadnt reached yet)

I dont remember, but I dont think it was even a standard map (think it was small)

This achievement is so weird. When I and a friend were playing online (hooray cheesing for achievements!), he got the achievement when dropping a great prophet charge on my capital. That was on a standard-size map, he was playing Spain, I was playing the Netherlands.

When we set up another game so I could get it, it didn't pop when I dropped 2 full (!) Great Prophets on his capital. He was playing Austria, I played Spain I believe.

It is clearly bugged as I took it to mean how they said it means, "original capitals" and never got it. It seems the only way people have gotten it is in multi and not following those conditions.

I just tried this myself:

Multiplayer: Hot Seat
2 Human Players, 0 AI's, 0 City States
Pangaea (to guarantee we're on the same continent)
Standard size
Standard speed
Prince difficulties
No Barbarians

Custom chose Celts and Ethiopians to quickly get faith.

Had both civs found religions. I eventually spread the Celtic religion to every city and...nothing happened. Even when both capitals were of the same religion (Player 1's).

Then I thought go screw it, I'll just go try downloading that save, but I thought I try to finally get that Indoctrinated achievement (if it works on multiplayer) and had the Ethiopians use a Great Prophet on the Celtic Holy City. That unlocked the achievement.

So the Ethiopian Capital/Holy city and 3 other cities, along with 2 normal Celtic cities were all the Celtic religion.

And the one Celtic Capital/Holy city was the Ethiopian religion.

The funny thing is both of the capitals were of different religions, but of the other religion.

Leads me to think it has something more to do with swapping religions with each other (as opposed to all being the same). That or it is dependent on which player it is.

Such a weird (buggy) achievement!

So this is odd but I got it on a multiplayer game in which my religion was totally marginalized and there were about 4 other major ones fighting it out for the rest of the world pop.

Hi, I also had problems with this achievement and I've tried three different ways:

1) normal game, standard size map, prince difficulty - all capitals have the same religion, including the city states.
No achievement, but I captured 2 capitals before they assume my religion.

2) Hot seat game, standard size map, settler difficulty, all 8 players controlled by me.
5 different religions (I think thats the max number with this settings).
Also no achievement, after all capitals assume the same religion...

3) Same settings as suggest by Haphaz (except the map type):
Hotseat, Prince, 2 player (both me!), random civs, Standard map, CONTINENTS, NO CITY STATES.
Player 1 (Arabia) explored a religion (Buddhism, establish in rd 84)
Player 2 (Persia) has only a pantheon
After round 91, the achievement popped for no seeming reason... No idea why... :):D

I've attached my savegames: rd 91, the rd before I get the achievement ans rd 92, the magic round for "we are family" :)
Maybe someone wants to look at my game and can explain WHY I get in in that special round. (path for the savegames is ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\hotseat\auto\)

so long, MrOz80

Sorry for spelling mistakes or wrong "Civilization terms", english is not my native language :crazyeye:

OK, I extracted both files on My Documents/My Games/Sid Meiser's Civilization 5/Saves/hotseat/auto but I could not find the files! What am I doing wrong here? Please help! Thanks!

:confused:

I refuse to use save games from someone else to unlock my achievements. It's not much of an achievement if I have to resort to this method. This particular achievement still eludes me. Hopefully I can get it to pop in one of my coming games.

When you put them into the autosave folder, you must check the "autosaves field" in the upper right corner of the loading game window. Don't forget to uncheck it again, otherwise you won't find your normal saves next time :p

Top Bottom