Does the AI have a fear of expanding?

Botswana

Chieftain
Seriously, this is ridiculous. Playing on Fractal, and Attila has tons of fertile river land to expand in to. He doesn't settle anything beyond his 6 cities for the rest of the game, and then when I decide to take that land instead, he gets angry at me.

It seems that even the most aggressive AI has some aversion to building settlers. I don't get it. This seems to just be starting after installing the new expansion.

Attila has always had this problem I guess he likes to attack and if for whatever reason he can't attack he just doesn't build any cities.

In Gods and Kings people always complained about the AI taking lots of land. They fixed that. Now people complain that the AI does not take enough land. Can we ever be happy with what we have? Can we ever be grateful for all the work that the development team has done for us, even if there are a few flaws?

That being said, I haven't seen any problem with the AI settling cities. They no longer place cities if there are no strategic resources. So far I've noticed that they build cities with future expanded cultural borders in mind. In my past couple games almost every land tile is claimed by end game.

Top Bottom