Does the AI use Preserves properly?

679x

Warlord
upload_2021-3-3_19-58-52.png

I was sad to come across this woeful Preserve built by Egypt. 3 of the 6 tiles around it are ocean and so can never benefit from the Preserve's buildings, nor can the adjacent Aqueduct or the improved resource tiles (the rice tile, by the way, has an appeal of 1 (average, so even if they cleared the farm, it still wouldn't get any benefits).

Judging by this case alone, it seems like they use it for the housing rather than for the building yields? Is that really the best use of a district slot for them?...

I've seen that, where it was on a peninsula where the only tile it could affect was a luxury resource. My current game I did see Alex have one where they did leave the nearby tiles open and I think they were actually getting some yields from it, at least.

The AI has trouble enough with regular districts and city placement so I'm not surprised that they can't handle the Preserve that well.

The AI can't even handle the placement of Libraries or harbors or Holy sites, and you expect them to build preserves sensibly, even after the well known fact that Firaxis is using it's worst devs, and the A- team has moved on to other projects ? LOL Anton Strenger is the biggest joke in the gaming community, they already have meme's about how bad he is.

Moderator Action: You are allowed to express your opinions about Firaxis's development team in a civil manner. You are not allowed to post provocative personal attacks in a condescending way which adds nothing to the thread and attempts to derail it from being ontopic. This is considered trolling and against our rules. Continued trolling will result in further moderation.

It is fine if you do not like the developers, but please be civil in your criticism. Posts which add to the discussion or express a relevant opinion are acceptable. Personal attacks unrelated to the thread topic are not. - Recursive

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom