Does this include the DLC?

axlrose

Chieftain
I'm looking at which version of Civ5 I want to buy. I haven't gotten it yet because my computer won't play it at all. So I'm trying to decide between the original and the GOTY edition. Does this expansion contain the DLC content from Civ5 or do I still need to get the DLC separately?

It only contains the spain civilization . And the polynesia(rumors said it but its not for sure ) for free not the scenario's

All the others you proparly have to buy So if you olso want the Inca's you have to buy the new world DLC

Let's put it this way........is the DLC worth it? :)

when i Bought the game of the year edition I was happy about the fallowing DLC's that where in it :

Babylon, spain , inca's civilizations I play them a lot.

Most mods olso provide support for them so yeah.

Viking DLC not really worth it in my opinion same with polynesia but I got the for free sow not bad

I've picked it all up, but not used some of it (Polynesia, Spain, Inca, maps), mostly for the added diversity of AI civs it adds. Thoughts on the ones I have used:

Denmark: Haven't played as this civ in the main game, but I do like playing with Harald as an AI. The scenario is great, and I like the Berserker as well as the Danish UA.

Babylon: General sense that this is currently the game's most powerful civ, mainly because it's tailored to the sort of quick science victory that's popular with 'Win on Deity' types. It makes a bad AI civ mechanically because the AI makes no real use of Great People and the strategy required to use them well has too many moving parts for it to handle. I've played as Babylon but don't find doing so interesting. No scenario, which is a shame.

Korea: Also a civ I played once. More flexible and more to my taste than Babylon, while still science-focused. Sometimes does well as an AI, usually dependable diplomatically. Haven't played the scenario.

Wonders of the Ancient World: I play with a friend in MP who doesn't have DLC, and for me the Mausoleum of Helicarnassus (and to a lesser extent the Temple of Artemis) are now so much a part of the early game that I'm always disconcerted when I can't build them. This is a cheap DLC but I'd say worth it - the new Wonders are interesting designs that support different strategies; two are valuable early game and, while I've tended to neglect the Statue of Zeus, I tend to find I regret not having it if I play aggressively - the AI likes to prioritise this one. Played the scenario, which has an interesting 'reward' system (different styles of play unlock different Wonders more quickly), but I didn't find it as engaging as the 1066 one or that it gave me much incentive to replay it.

As for the others, Isabella as an AI is another usually dependable diplomatic partner. So is Patchacuti, as long as you depend on him to declare war at the first opportunity. I haven't so far formed much of an impression on either of their personalities. Kamenaha I find more interesting to play against.

Does this expansion contain the DLC content from Civ5 or do I still need to get the DLC separately?

We dont know.

It might include some DLC, one article mentioned Spain. But they also have not said that it will not include DLC. So well just have to wait and see.

It only contains the spain civilization. And the polynesia (rumors said it but its not for sure) for free not the scenario's

You are stating speculations as facts. We dont have any certain information about possible DLC in the expansion.

We don't know anything for sure. We do know it was stated that there are 9 new civs plus Spain because they were needed for a scenario. The plus Spain indicates only Spain, but it's vague enough to mean anything. Another article (not quoting) suggested Polynesia is a brand new civ, which is factually incorrect but might indicate they'll be included.

If we're talking about how the AI does - I don't think I've ever seen Harald and Denmark survive even long enough to get to their UU. They're almost always the first civ to fall.

Harald is fun to declare war on what with his helmet and all.

Harald is extremely fun to play as a human. As an AI... the AI doesn't seem to know how to use his abilities properly. They dont pillage enough and they dont sent units into the oceans and attack from the coast either.

Hopefully with improved Naval AI Denmark will become a more fearsome civ to play against as well.

If we're talking about how the AI does - I don't think I've ever seen Harald and Denmark survive even long enough to get to their UU. They're almost always the first civ to fall.

In my game that honour generally seems to go to England. Sure the AI doesn't play Denmark especially well (it's one of those UAs that exploits an ability the AI can't - although, strangely, it does a decent job in the 1066 scenario), but Harald has personality on his side, if only because it's fun watching him consistently bite off more than he can chew. That last game I kept wondering "What the hell are you doing, Harald?" as he repeatedly declared multiple wars on civs more powerful than his (which was basically everyone except Gandhi. Not that that stopped him from declaring war on Gandhi as well). Maybe he felt being under a declaration of friendship with my then-dominant civ would help, but I just got tired of him making everyone annoyed with me for being friends with the entertaining little psychopath and stopped accepting his DoFs until he calmed down.

I just get a sense, when Harald's in the game, that he really is playing a stereotype Viking - fun to be around (if you're on his side) or to watch, loyal to his friends and comrades, but bellicose and none too bright. I don't get that strong a sense of cultural personality coming through with most of the other leaders. Mechanically, it's pretty straightforward to keep him on your side if you want to for any reason; he's not an unpredictable or an especially demanding leader, and he's hardly ever backstabbed me.

Though he did do well in one archipelago game I played; left to myself I happily pursued a culture victory, while he went the UN route and very nearly grabbed the victory first (only my and Egypt's bribing of CSes kept him at bay).

Worth is about as subjective a term as there is. If the $5 or whatever it is for a civ isn't a huge deal to you, then yes, it's worth it. I find the game more fun the more options there are. If $5 means you're gonna have to skip a meal or something, then I'd say it's probably not worth it.

as someone already said, the gods and kings expansion might contain one or two of the dlc civilizations, but we're not sure. the game of the year edition, on the other hand, is not an expansion, but is a more complete version of the original and does have most of the dlc.

the game of the year edition, on the other hand, is not an expansion, but is a more complete version of the original and does have most of the dlc.

Oh, right, therefore Moderator Action: Moved to Civ5 General Discussion.

We also have an overview here.

I am going through the third-party mods now, and I am rapidly coming to believe you're better off installing a few well-chosen mods rather than purchasing the DLC. G&K is coming soon and the DLC will be free (or pretty close to it) before long. Have fun with the mods for free now, have fun again with G&K + free DLC later.

I am going through the third-party mods now, and I am rapidly coming to believe you're better off installing a few well-chosen mods rather than purchasing the DLC. G&K is coming soon and the DLC will be free (or pretty close to it) before long. Have fun with the mods for free now, have fun again with G&K + free DLC later.
Why do you think the DLC will be free?

Because that's what virtually every other game with DLC does.

Because that's what virtually every other game with DLC does.

Steam appears instead to periodically place both DLC & games on deep discounts.

A month or so ago, it was 75% off for 24 hours.

It was also at 67% off around Black Friday last year for 24 hours.

Steam appears instead to periodically place both DLC & games on deep discounts.

A month or so ago, it was 75% off for 24 hours.

It was also at 67% off around Black Friday last year for 24 hours.

Steam usually offers package deals that are separate from the discounts. They will probably release a Civ V + Gods & Kings + all DLC edition. They may release a Gods & Kings + all DLC package for the expansion.

Top Bottom