Doin' it 'rong. But wide Hiawatha WILL be nuked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevyn

Warlord
I have a pretty good game going. One of my best. But I think I did a huge fruit-up that I am still paying for.

This is now:

1919, turn 339:
Sci: +855
Gold: + 239
Happyness: +77
Culture: +396

My mistake was done a hundred years back. I am Ghandi and started as a very tall empire and have all the wonders and all that going for me. But the problem with small borders is that neither coal, oil nor aluminium was available to me.

Now perhaps a Jedi Gandhi with four homegrown tall cities might have solved such a problem by trade or buying/bribing city-states, but I play Darth Gandhi and so I attacked and conquered three city-states. That was not so appreciated by others. All other civs dropped me to Guarded except for four of them, they declared war on me without blinking. My neighbors are so cute when they do that. One of them was the Arabs that was down to two cities. The capital is looking neat and the other one I can raze. I did so.

Now I am not the most popular guy on the planet, and Hiawatha is very frank with his opinion about me. At the time he was coming at me with Long-swordsmen and Crossbowmen, which my Artillery and Infantry took out easily.

From what I could tell Hiawatha had like 10 cities and I had 8. This is when I decided to nuke him. Just for the heck of it. What would Darth Gandhi do?

So in research I aimed towards atom theory, discovered plenty of uranium, went for Manhattan Project and started researching nuclear fission when Hiawatha is coming knocking on my door. I've seen Hiawatha declaring war here and there and in constant war, but I wasn't really paying too much attention as I thought he was feeble.

This is when my only sub have gone east across the world to find out that Hiawatha now have 22 cities (many known from Spain and Germany, who are loosing) and he comes with like 8 artillery and 10 infantry and also got some anti tank guns with him.

What de fruit just happened? Thanks and praises to Darth Gandhi for actually investing in railroads. All troops rally to the north-west! Now! =)

And I pushed him back. And started venture into his territory. Bad move. I was so busy aiming for atom theory that I had not even considered flight this early in the game. And I had not built one single anti-air unit. His fighters came in and and all I got to do was to sit back, take the pain, and retreat.

And then Hiawatha managed to settle a new city way to close to my borders and started to move his fighters there. Not Cool!

However, at this point I had built and bought four anti-aircraft guns. I moshed, took and razed that 1 size city. I wonder if the AI did this on purpose or just saw free space after I had knocked off Arabia?

But now I have taken one city that was at size 7 that is next to a river and could be good once I clear the area of 3 other cities. But that have to wait. For now I'll keep pushing to the west and the next city, that just happen to be at the coast.

Okay Mr. Hiawatha. I just built my first nuke. And soon I will have access to nuclear submarines. Once I have taken your coastal city, it will be so easy for me to deliver. Coming soon to a theater near you!

And some say Civ V is boring and have no drama... =)

Moderator Action: Moved to S&LPs. In future, if you'd like a thread moved, please use the report button to bring it to our attention quicker.

Nice game.Interesting.

I think I've never had 859 science, how you managed to do that and still suffer from air units lack? :p
edit: no really, how you managed to get 859?

edit: no really, how you managed to get 859?
In Nevyn's other thread, the thread named "I was once...", he said he had 999 science:eek:.

And it's the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom