Domestic Office - Term 1

I have a feelings all wars will some how involve a Navy. Bronze working does eventually lead to compass so its important to that as well

Which raises the question, if there is someone else on our continent do we either declare war on them and try and gain control of the whole continent OR establish a firm ally against the other continent?

Peace first and foremost, wars can wait till later. Also i don't think we should have any preconception in advance of meeting someone. We should decide on going to war with someone given the situation at the time

yer i know im just wondering what everyone would prefer an ally on another continent or one on this continent?

BCLG100 said:
yer i know im just wondering what everyone would prefer an ally on another continent or one on this continent?

I don't think it makes a difference as long as we have a good ally. However if you look at the civ3 MTDG it seems that it easier to make an ally on another continent then one on your own.

Robi D said:
I don't think it makes a difference as long as we have a good ally. However if you look at the civ3 MTDG it seems that it easier to make an ally on another continent then one on your own.

yer but there is a chance of a 3vs2 ally situation so if we were on the continent of 2 i would much prefer someone on our own island :)

BCLG100 said:
yer but there is a chance of a 3vs2 ally situation so if we were on the continent of 2 i would much prefer someone on our own island :)

We will just have to wait and see i guess. For all we know Sirian made 4 continent, 2 with two team, 1 with 1 team and one uninhabited. Anyway we should be having this discussion in the foreign office thread, needs to look like i'm doing so work with the elections coming up and all;)

Ok, what are we going to research after Bronze Working (13 turns left)? Here are some choices and my thoughts:

Iron Working (29): We want this to find iron for our cities. However, do we want to wait 42 turns before we send out a settler? Seems like it will be city 3 or 4 before we know where iron is.

Mystisism (8): We can use this for Obelisks and future research to increase our culture. However, when do we start down this path? I think it's clear we're not going to get one of the first religions.

Archery (8): Build Archers for city defence from barbarians. However, we will (hopefully) have axes.

Animal Husbandry (11); Put a pasture on the pigs, really pumping up Aloha's food production. It may make Aloha grow to fast, but we can use it to pump out Settlers and Workers a lot faster.

Pottery (10): Put a cottage on the space north of Aloha and start our economy going.

Fishing (6): Start working all the water spaces, which will help our food and commerce. There are also clams not too far to the north.

Wheel (9): Build roads from our two resources back to Aloha.

So what are our near future plans? I'm leaning towards pottery or fishing due to our DG commerce problems.

ybbor said:
sounds good. So we're not trying to go for Judaism? do we have any long term plans as to how to get religion? confucianism, Taoism, Christianity or Islam?
How about we take the holy cities from other teams? ;)

I had a look at the save and we aren't falling behind on commerce, One team has 11, the rest of us 9, so i would go for wheel before fishing

here's my thoughts....

If we can settle copper then no need to go to archery/iron right away. However archers make wickedly good barb sentry on hills and work really well in concern with axes in cities. Remember these guys can promote all the way up to machine guns

If no copper nearby then archers will be needed. We dont want to have to settle to far away for our first city. Maintenace will kill us.

Before we can even build a ax we need the wheel..so if we settle near copper. Go with wheel.

So in a nut shell....

no copper--archery, wheel, pottery
copper----wheel, pottery,

Wheel before pottery since that is why we built the worker. It does absolutley no good to build him and have him playing with himself with nothing to do. He will have more to road than to place cottages that we can use right now.

Archery if we cant see copper as robboo said otherwise id be inclined to go for Animal Husbadry, not only so we can pasturise the pigs but also so we can see horses.

do we have an idea for 2nd city yet?

Dont you want to wait till we see where copper is?

well i normally finish my worker then a warrior, get started on a barracks and change to settler when i hit size 3. gives plenty of time to scout suitable loactions.

If we follow BCLG's suggestion, which I think is a good one, we'll have the settler in 36 turns. We'll have copper in 13 turns. That gives us 23 turns after discovering copper to find a suitable site. It will take 29 turns to research iron. So we could delay our second city 6 turns in the hope that iron is nearby or wait until city 3. I think we should wait until city 3.

We can mine the hills right now. We can't build roads, build cottages, or harvest pigs. I think we should go for cottages, roads, then pigs. We have until we grow to size 6 before health becomes a problem and at the same time happiness becomes a problem. We have two good sites for cottages, and getting those early can lead to a boost in science later.

Top Bottom