Domination victory not triggering.

ameer

Chieftain
After three days of playing, I finally conquer all the capitals and... nothing happens. More than 10 turns have passed since I conquered everything, I kept playing hoping it would trigger but nothing happens.

gifs upload

Did any of the AI's conquer a capital? I had a problem with that and it turned out that Monty had captured Washington very early in the game, I needed to capture that as well. Domination triggered instantly after that.

Did any of the AI's conquer a capital? I had a problem with that and it turned out that Monty had captured Washington very early in the game, I needed to capture that as well. Domination triggered instantly after that.
It was the case with Rio de Janeiro, but I captured that too, just to check. Victory did not trigger. Anyhow the domination victory is triggered when there is only 1 civ left in possession of its original capital. And that's me. Even if one civ had conquered all capitals except mine, and I went and captured theirs I should still get a victory. However that;s not the case now, I have all capitals even of defunct civs...

After three days of playing, I finally conquer all the capitals and... nothing happens. More than 10 turns have passed since I conquered everything, I kept playing hoping it would trigger but nothing happens.

You have to conquer Saint Petersburg (Russia's capital in Civ VI).

It's missing in your image.

Anyhow the domination victory is triggered when there is only 1 civ left in possession of its original capital

Actually that's not true. According to my last game you still must take all the capitals like in civ5 even though civilopedia says differently

The manual also indicates this, on page 147:

"
DOMINATION VICTORY
If you capture all other civs’ capitals and hang onto your own, you’ve achieved victory.
If you’ve lost your original capital, but still possess other cities, you can still win another type
of victory: culture, scientific, or religious. However, you cannot win a conquest victory until
and unless you recapture your own"

Which lends back to the reason why capitals should not be able to be razed....

You have to conquer Saint Petersburg (Russia's capital in Civ VI).

It's missing in your image.
It's not in the image but I have conquered it. Still nothing. I actually took it before Rio which was already conquered by Aztecs, took that one too, thought it might trigger the victory. I'm in possession of all the capitals. I triple checked. You can't see the last two because of the weird UI, but if you look closely at the image you will see the icons for the last civs are shown. Anyways I have 9 capitals as you can see clearly.

Are you still at war with the civ that you just took the capital. You don't assume control of the city until the civ asks for peace and concedes the city.

Top Bottom