"DONE"... literally

ottocrat

Chieftain
I thought the install went fine but when I hit PLAY, the progress bar went through "init python, init engine, XML (cached) etc..." to "DONE". The music starts playing but the game does not. I'm just staring at the load window with DONE above the full progress bar.

I can CTL-ALT-DEL out of this and after about 5 minutes of music, task manager say CIV4 not responding. I have reloaded the game, DirectX (with restart), but same problem each time.

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated

Centrino 1.4GHz
512Mb Ram
64Mb ATI Radeon Mobility 9200

XP-SP2
Athlon XP 3200+ (2.2 GHz)
512 RAM
64 MB NVidia GeForce MX400

The game startup is flawless, but once I've selected my game settings and I finally "start" it up, I get the "Done" message over a black background. There appears to be some kind of attempt to display video, which shows up instead as a fluttery, white region on the bottom of my screen. Throughout this ordeal, I cannot exit the application (even with Ctr-Alt-Del), although the computer is still active, and sound runs perfectly.

I'm having the exact same probelem. If you check My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Logs, do you also have this error in PythonErr?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 63, in showMainInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 231, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: Access violation - no RTTI data!
ERR: Python function showMainInterface failed, module CvScreensInterface

Gonna have to wait to see if the patch fixes this shambles of a release.

I've had that happen once. I just Alt-Tabbed back and forth for a few minutes and it popped up correctly.

ingvild said:
I'm having the exact same probelem. If you check My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Logs, do you also have this error in PythonErr?

Has anybody come up with a fix for this yet?

Running

Centrino 1.6
512mb Ram
Radeon Mobility 9200 64mb

BP

I also had the exact same problem on my father's laptop. His laptop uses the Radeon 9200 mobility as well. After trying many times to succesfully update the drivers I finally gave up, and was out of ideas (not being a computer whiz myself). As a last ditch effort I decided to try the renderer error fix to see if it would have any effect, even though I had not gotten an error message (problem happened the same way for me as it did for you). Once I applied the renderer error fix everything ran smoothly and I encountered no problems :D

So, in short, try the renderer error fix it may solve the problem.
Here is the address for the post I got the renderer error fix:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=140859

Still no joy, tried the unpak fix and still get exactly the same error.

Thanks for the idea though.

BP

Top Bottom