don't know where to put this: new terrain

Rotting

Chieftain
Ola,
I sometimes still enjoy the good old FFH2 (what became of Fall further? Did it get 'finished'?) and the Test of Time Midgard Scenarios. In there there is the terrain called Spukwald. I'd like to add this to my FFH2 version.

Does anyone know how to mod new terrain into the game or can someone put me into the right direction?

Additionally of course it is neccessary to knw how to teach the AI what use to make out of the Terrain etc.pp..

Any constructive comment is welcome!

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
Because that's where questions belong to ;).

First of all you need graphics. There are various graphics for terrains in the Downloads section, search for them there.

After that you need to look at the TerrainInfos.xml. That file contains the definitions of all terrains and what their benefits are. You need to add a new entry for your terrain there and reference the proper art. The AI does not need to be informed about this, but mapscripts do need to be changed to use the terrain, which is a non-trivial task.

I think spukwald means haunted forest, which makes it a feature rather than a terrain, which again makes it quite a lot easier to deal with. If its single placements of it, and the mapscript uses the standard generator, then you wont even have to modify the mapscripts.

Then you need to look at forests and oasis (the later is how I added Reefs, Marsh, Scenic, Rocky & Fertile)

You still need graphics (but you could copy a forest graphic and make it darker or something) as well as CIV4ArtDefines_Feature.xml and CIV4FeatureInfos.xml.

Then you would need CIV4BonusInfos.xml to assign resources and CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml for making improvements able to build on it.

Also the CIV4BuildInfos.xml if you want it to be able to be cut down.

The best part is...... the AI will do just fine ;)

I think spukwald means haunted forest, which makes it a feature rather than a terrain, which again makes it quite a lot easier to deal with. If its single placements of it, and the mapscript uses the standard generator, then you wont even have to modify the mapscripts.

Then you need to look at forests and oasis (the later is how I added Reefs, Marsh, Scenic, Rocky & Fertile)

You still need graphics (but you could copy a forest graphic and make it darker or something) as well as CIV4ArtDefines_Feature.xml and CIV4FeatureInfos.xml.

Then you would need CIV4BonusInfos.xml to assign resources and CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml for making improvements able to build on it.

Also the CIV4BuildInfos.xml if you want it to be able to be cut down.

The best part is...... the AI will do just fine ;)

Oh, then you are right, I missed the part about them being from FfH2. Adding a feature does avoid the mapscript issue, so it is far easier.

thanx for the answers. I plan to eliminate the Jungle in FFH2 and replace it with the 'verwunschener Wald' from Civ ToT. Thus there is no real need to tell the worldbuilder how to handle the terrain. Yet still I'd like to know where I could find information on 'how-to'.

Graphics is a nobrainer, I can do them myself.

Yet still I want to give that terrain a different function, I don't like the fact that jungle is just cut down.

Next question of course is: special ressources. I'd like to add two different resources to that terrain (just as in Civ ToT) without losing the current ones. These ressources though shall not need e.g a plantation nor any other 'improvement'. The use of them should be determined by placing a road and that's it.

If someone could help me get this done I'd appreciate it!

Top Bottom