Down at Fractal Rock - My First PBEM

I've plugged in my laptop to my monitors. But getting the "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"
No Mods in my 'My Games' folder, so from this thread it seems like a Steam problem: https://steamcommunity.com/app/8800/discussions/0/540743757217626059/
I will uninstall the Steam version and install from disc. Otherwise need to plug in my (very) old pc each time.

Did you ever manage to solve this issue? Do you have the older non-Steamworks version of Civ 4 installed? You have to go to the betas tab to install the original release:
https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/art...eamworks-Civilization-IV-Unsupported-on-Steam

Not sure if that matters for PBEM games. I know the Steamworks update broke Pitboss games, since it completely removed DirectIP functionality :mad:

Japanese civilization has been destroyed.

GG Phylhom.

It's year AD-0640
Who has the save?
In-Game Name: ricketyclik
Forum Name: ricketyclik
3 weeks, 0 days (and no one now cares about hours and minutes!) passed since the save has been handed on.

Couldn't we try to move a little faster now...

It's year AD-0820
Who has the save?
In-Game Name: Druff
Forum Name: Ruff Hi
3 weeks, 1 day (and no one now cares about hours and minutes!) passed since the save has been handed on.

Last turn submitted to gmail account was by me ... Feb 23 to Academia.

My hosting crew changed up some things and I have yet to find time to track down the tracker issue.

Tracker appears to be back. It doesn't run in iframe.

It's year AD-0960
Who has the save?
In-Game Name: academia
Forum Name: Psza
8 weeks, 5 days (and no one now cares about hours and minutes!) passed since the save has been handed on.

Hi folks, sorry for the long silence here. Can't promise I'll be much more talkative going forward -- but still playing, anyhow!

I just wanted to say that I started this game during my paternity leave when my first child was born. Now, 5+ years later (or a few thousand years of in-game time), I'm on leave with my second! It's definitely been quite an experience to play Civ at this pace.

Long live Civ IV!

congrats grogburg

GPS. Glad to notice that this pbem is moving at a regular pace... I wish my other (very few) pbems where I'm still involved were in the same situation...

Top Bottom