Down with the 512 city limit!

Al Zan

King
Tonigth i was makeing my Cold War scenario, i was putting citys in TETurkhan map......then the dam 512 city limits came up!

i said that next civ game should have a higher limit in city or take it out compete!

what are your thought on this topic?

could have been worse the original unpatched version had an 256 limit. An 512 city scenario seems an little overblown and grandiose to me but hey whatever floats your boat.

I believe C3C has a 2056 city limit. I wouldn't know for sure I never have that many cities on the map for the 512 to come into play, even.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Well having cities on a big as a map as you are using I can see. A map that big would need more than 512 cities or else most of the map would look quite bare. Try maybe finding or creating a scaled down version of the map you are using. Then you wouldn't need to put as many cities on the map.

I haven't hit 300 let alone the 512 city limit. How one earth could you need more than that?

I too have read that C3C has lifted the city cap to 2048, and I dearly hope that it is true. The 512 cap is bane of my existence, and I kid you not!

I also thought C3C had lifted the 512 city cap, but someone has posted in the Conquests forum saying that they hit the old 512 limit in Conquests. :(

Originally posted by superslug
I too have read that C3C has lifted the city cap to 2048, and I dearly hope that it is true. The 512 cap is bane of my existence, and I kid you not!
what! 2048 city is this true!

I didn't and won't have more than 100 cities so this is not a problem for me.

What are you doing with 512 cities? :eek:

surely the title should be 'up with the 512 city limit'

anyway i've never been close but can understand the frustration, surely if the game accepts mega-maps then it should accept the citites to fill it

Originally posted by erix
I didn't and won't have more than 100 cities so this is not a problem for me.

What are you doing with 512 cities? :eek:
makeing a cold war scenario!

Originally posted by Al Zan

what! 2048 city is this true!
The post above yours suggests this may not be true after all. :(

I would think that around 1000 cities would be the natural limit. On huge randomly generated maps, you can occasionally get around 4000 tiles and stay under the Domination limit. With packing towns in at the minimum one tile apart, each city would get an average of 4 tiles.

For over 1000, the map would have to be custom made with less water, but I think this is an option that should be available for purposes of scenario construction.

Never hit the 512 city limit, never even knew there was one until last week.

Usually as my empire is expanding someone else is contracting. :D

I hate the limit. I always play on huge pangea maps, wish there was an option for like 40% water or something like that, and I have always hit that limit. What's worse though is when you hit the unit limit

I think I am heading close to the limit. Still 15 of the 16 Civilizations alive. It's a map of Europe and who knows how many cities are out there. I haven't even seen the meditteranean yet and it is 1700's

ok.. to all, especially since this is just one more Post about the same subject which has been discussed quite a few times:
1/ the Limit in Conquest is still 512, I know it for checking it in the editor...
2/ all those "I never had so many cities so why should this bother me..." comments: some people do like to play on large maps and then need more cities, If you don't see it as a problem, good for you...
3/ Again at all those not understanding why we are "angry" because of this city limit: Think: a map can be max size 362x362 meaning it has over 100 000 squares, 1/3 of these are land, meaning you have a map with over 30 000 land squares, a cities needs about 30 tiles (which empty spaces between the cities) which means there yould be enough space for at least 1000 cities... since the AI places it cities closer to each other, even a lot more cities would fit....
4/ there is a tool in the forum that removes the 512 cities limit (only PTW available now, but I think he is working on a conquest version...)
5/ Firaxis: remove all ridiculous limits to the game!!!!!

Top Bottom