Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

disable R.E.D. Modpack, keep only the 2 WWII mods.

The mod redownloads and installs when the game starts and any saved games I play crash @ after the 4th turn. This only started after this last patch. I have the mod subscribed from the Steam Workshop.

I did it and now I can play, although I have several bugs. Any way the mod is amazing, congratulations! I just wish I had a more powerfull computer to be able to play in the big world map :)

Getting an error saying the the DLL is missing, in spite of me trying the cvgamecoredfinal and the .7zip version. What am I doing wrong?
Edit: Might adding on .dll to the file help any?

Pretty sure things need a file extension!

Getting an error saying the the DLL is missing, in spite of me trying the cvgamecoredfinal and the .7zip version. What am I doing wrong?
Edit: Might adding on .dll to the file help any?

there is 2 folders and one file (the dll) at the racine of the archive.

maybe the dll files (or the extension) are hidden by your system setting

you can change the settings, or open the archive with 7zip (open to see the file in it, not direct extraction to a folder) and extract the dll file only directly in the civ5 installation folder.

there is 2 folders and one file (the dll) at the racine of the archive.

maybe the dll files (or the extension) are hidden by your system setting

you can change the settings, or open the archive with 7zip (open to see the file in it, not direct extraction to a folder) and extract the dll file only directly in the civ5 installation folder.

Where would I go to change the settings?
Edit: May have found it, checking now :scan:
Edit2: Nope, still getting the same error :(

do you see CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll in your game installation folder ?

if yes, is the modified date different (more recent than 1st November 2012) from the other DLL in that folder, like CvGameDatabaseWin32Final Release.dll ?

Yes, I see both. Should I have moved them both, instead of only the CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll?

CvGameDatabaseWin32Final Release.dll is a reference for the date, don't touch it, it's not changed by the mod. Can you just tell me if they have the same date when you compare their property (modified, created).

I may have overviewed something in my installation instruction if you're asking about moving both file where there is only one in the 7zip, can you describe me what exactly you have done when installing the DLL ?

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I went into ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/commen/sid meider's civilization v. I removed CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll. Then I put cvgamecoredllfinal_release.7z in its place.

you have to extract it. the 7z file is an archive that can be opened with 7zip (it's a free program) or another archive manager.

inside the archive is the dll and 2 folders. you just need to extract the dll in civ5 installation directory.

I see a PART file and a Free Opener file.
Can't open the PART file
The Free Opener file I can get in, but I see a lot more than three files. Which one is it, and where do I move it?

what are PART and free opener ?

I'm lost here :D

edit:

I suppose you see the installation folder of an archive manager, not the content of the archive.

Which program do you use to extract archive ?

Winrar, Winzip, 7zip, another ?

Oh, I have no idea. Lets just say the dll file is in the Free Opener archive. Where would I move it?

in civ5 installation directory (..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v)

Alright, found the file in the archive, methinks. Is it CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll? Even then I can't copy the thing :(

what's the error message ?

Free Opener has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Top Bottom