Downloaded and installed several scenarios, but cannot get them to appear..

matt4848

Chieftain
I've been searching the net and the forum for the last hour and I cant seem to find an answer to getting a simple downloaded scenario to work! Its driving me nuts!

I've downloaded several "Scenarios" (some WWII and WWIII and Civil War/Operation Iraq) style scenarios... but when I go to load them in the menu under "Scenarios" all I get is "Rise of the Mongols".

I've downloaded about 10 so I figure it cannot be the mod, but something between the download and install (which was all done through the in game menu)

I see alot of great looking scenarios that I would love to try, but all I can ever seem to do is get the basic map to load - with basic starting units.

I'm praying to god they included the option to play the old style WWII scenarios we played back in Civilization 2.

I just want to start a game, like a WWII scenario, with the Countries, units, borders and world PROPERLY setup.

How do I load these scenarios? So that I can start as Hitler on Sept 1, 1939 - with my entire country built, and army as well.

If you can't load a scenario that is already pre-made/pre-setup - with the world discovered already and countries setup as they should be!

Just driving me nuts! I want to start a scenario with my country and army already built - like how they have done all the scenarios in Civ2 and Civ4.

I dont want to start on a blank map with one unit that happens to be WWII era...

Anyone help? Or did Sid screw civ 5 out of these premade custom SCENARIOS!

as a mod - changes the units and rules, but generally doesnt setup the board of units and countries.

a map is just that a blank map..

But a scenario is supposed to set you up on the edge of a major event, not starting your country. Otherwise its the same as just starting a normal game on a custom map..

Argh! Help!

Go to MODS.

Go to Browse Mods, then Installed, and choose the mod you want to play.

Then go to play game (while still under MODS), and select the map from the map list. Then choose "Load Scenario" and you're good to go. :)

That isn't working for me when I try to do it for World War II - 1941 (U3X) There doesn't appear to be a map type in the list for it.

That isn't working for me when I try to do it for World War II - 1941 (U3X) There doesn't appear to be a map type in the list for it.

How did the mod creator distribute his scenario?

Was it from the in-game modbrowser or from a downloaded link?

Did he provide instructions on how to install it?

Maybe if I can find the scenario I can help you install it.

Top Bottom