Downloading threads and other forum-related quesitons

Gelion

Retired Captain
Hello,

I was wondering whether it is still possible to download entire threads after the migration to XenForo in 2016? The previous incarnation of the forums allowed me to create txt files out of an entire thread. I could not find any information on how to do it now.

Also, I was wondering, similarly, if there's a way to display members lists according to name or post count? In the previous version I used to be able to see entire lists not just the first 20 top posters. Is it correct that this feature doesn't exist in XenForo?

Thank you in advance for you help

@Gelion
I copied the top twenty members by postcount (highlighted and ctrl C) and pasted into word without formatting and edited slightly. I don't know if there is an easier way.
1. Kyriakos Alien spiral maker Messages: 55,525
2. Perfection The Great Head. Messages: 49,778
3. Warpus In pork I trust, Messages: 49,534
4. MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord, Messages: 46,853
5. Takhisis daria dance party, Messages: 45,568
6. Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There Messages: 45,334
7. El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018, Messages: 43,359
8. JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy, 20, Messages: 42,963
9. GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent Messages: 42,840
10. Timsup2nothin Quad B, Messages: 39,253
11. Birdjaguar Hanafubuki, Messages: 36,273
12. Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced Messages: 33,999
13. Arakhor Dremora Courtier, Messages: 33,805
14. Leoreth 心の怪盗団, Male, Messages: 33,449
15. classical_hero In whom I trust, 41, Messages: 33,262
16. Amadeus Bring back the Civ2 theme!, Messages: 32,780
17. Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union, Messages: 32,588
18. Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid, Messages: 32,005
19. The_J Say No 2 Net Validations, Messages: 31,210
20. Bhsup Deity Messages: 30,387

@Birdjaguar thank you for that :D Seems to be the only way to go about it now. I was hoping there was a built in feature that went past the first 20 members.

I also found something that might allow to "export" contents of a thread.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/export-thread.3814/

I don't know if could be integrated into CFC or if its exactly what we used to have under "Download Thread"?

@Birdjaguar thank you for that :D Seems to be the only way to go about it now. I was hoping there was a built in feature that went past the first 20 members.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/export-thread.3814/

I don't know if could be integrated into CFC or if its exactly what we used to have under "Download Thread"?
Interesting. I know that @Plotinus would/could use such a thing to collect his posts from his threads for his books.

Hmm, people give us permission to host their posts here but I wonder about the GDPR implications of allowing thread contents to be downloaded??

Hmm, people give us permission to host their posts here but I wonder about the GDPR implications of allowing thread contents to be downloaded??
I would assume they would be the same as nothing stops people from using quotes, taking screenshots or making pdf files out of already existing material. Downloading threads used to be possible on the forum, as well as using other people's scenarios and everything else with or without permission. I'm sure the legal discussion has taken place before in some form?

nothing stops people from using quotes, taking screenshots or making pdf files out of already existing material.
Nothing stops people doing it but the GDPR implications still need to be considered.

I'm sure the legal discussion has taken place before in some form?
We have had discussions around the normal operation of the site not to making what people post here downloadable which is a very different scenario.

Staff have been discussing this issue in light of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We have come to the conclusion that allowing the download of threads goes against the GDPR.

Top Bottom