Downloads, but will not install

pyrotequila85

Chieftain
Hi all, as the title says, I can download the mod, however when I try to install it it throws up all sorts of errors about missing files, and so it just will not install.

Any ideas?

#EDIT#

I changed the install location from the default, to the "steamapps > common > BTS > mods" and it worked!

#EDIT 2#

Never mind, it will install but won't load now, pops up with lots of "missing XML" files messages.

Last edited:
Exactly which files does it say are missing? I don't use Steam myself, but that sounds like some kind of problem with filepaths inside the mod.

I can't type them all out as there are too many, but it begins with;

LoadXML call failed for xml\ParallelMaps_GlobalDefines.xml
Current XML file is: xml\PythonCallbackDefines.xml

then,

LoadXML call failed for xml\A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml

then,

LoadXML call failed for xml\BBAI_Game_Options_GlobalDefines.xml

It keeps going like this, then eventually comes up with

LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4ANDConceptInfos.xml

LoadXML call failed for CameInfo/CIV4MapInfo.xml

And then it simply closes the game.

Can you load any other mods? I'm wondering if this is an issue with general configuration or AND specifically.

I can run Rise of Mankind no problems at all.

Tried downloading AND from several different sources, as well as older versions of it... no joy.

I looked up Load XML errors and one of the possible causes is a missing schema file, but if you downloaded several different versions of AND that's probably unlikely.

What does the folder structure of Steam look like? I used Steam back when I tried Civ 5, but after I decided I didn't really like that game and moved back to 4, I removed it and I haven't used it in years. I'm just wondering if something is different in how the files are laid out.

The Civ 4 mod folder is located like this;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

Top Bottom