Dr kossin #34

Will that "trojan city" tactic work with a city located anywhere, or will the AI turn down a city that isn't located contiguous to its borders.

For example, could I just build a city in a poor location near my capital even though that is nowhere near the AI, stack it full of spies, and then gift it? Sure would be easier than moving the capital, if the map allowed it.

Usually the AI will only accept cities close to its own cultural borders. Someone dug up the code about it somewhere but I forget the exact details.
In any case, the Palace is pretty inexpensive late game and if you want to use espionage, you're better off not in Bureaucracy anyway.

I love the trojan city technology steal. ROFL. You really made my day.

The stack in Zulu land halfway with 49 cavalry was pretty intimidating I have to say. If the AI did have a little better understanding of the game you would be facing Shaka with 4 vasals instead of just 1.

I love the trojan city technology steal. ROFL. You really made my day.

The stack in Zulu land halfway with 49 cavalry was pretty intimidating I have to say. If the AI did have a little better understanding of the game you would be facing Shaka with 4 vasals instead of just 1.

Actually, Qin was so much more advanced than Shaka that there was no chance of that happening... Mech Infantry vs. Cavalry?
They did war briefly, which ended in Shaka losing a good part of that stack. Qin would likely have moved forward but I kind of backstabbed him which made him sue for peace.

Very nicely done, particularly the use of a gifted city for massive espionage abuse ;)

Although I have done this a few times myself, I always thought that when you gifted a city you lost all the culture you had acumulated in it, but I notice here you still have a massive EP discount for culture ratio. What culture is it that matters in this case, the amount the city has produced, or the amount invested in the city tile? Basically, would this have worked as well if you had just founded a junk city that turn and instantly gifted it?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question, but since you'll likely already have culture from other cities in the target city, I don't think it matters much. The big thing is to make sure it has the right religion and that you leave 5 turns for your spies to settle in.

Did you build Jails, Intelligence Agency and that other ESP-building in all of your cities?

I built them in most cities yes (no Security Bureau in Trojan City). Also courthouses since I was Organized despite being in State Property (saves 4gpt/city).

Jails are a must anyway to reduce the War Weariness.

Top Bottom