[GS] Dreaming of one more...patch

Stilgar08

Emperor
Undoubtedly CivVI is at an end and a great game.

But personally I'm having a hard time motivating myself to start a new game at the moment.
There's no need to hope for a final patch and I'm not naive to think that another patch would solve all the remaining issues the game has.

Nevertheless I'm still hoping. I hoped for the 30 years anniversary for that and now I'm still hoping.

Can you help me and crush my hopes? Or worse, can you tell me why and when I can expect that to happen?

There are little bugs here and there and it would be nice to see them cleaned up but we can only hope.
To me it is a game I pull off the shelf when I have some spare time, I just do not get bored of it, perhaps because I say to myself, today I am going to be jungle bound, love my jungle, improve my jungle, nurture my jungle and throw everyone else out of my jungle before they destroy it all.

The remaining bugs are not little. From the top of my head, the AI economy bug that breaks an entire mode (Monopolies and Corps) by making the AI unable to develop its own resources when you play that mode. BIG bug. Deal AI is still bugged as hell, the AI goes to war with any enemy of the player for 1 Gold; illogical trades across the board, etc. Military AI stops building a military after first defeat making it a walk in the park for the rest of the game.

And on and on. Those are not little bugs. You may turn a blind eye to them, but they are still considerable fails.

And OP, stop dreaming. The last time they pulled something like what you dream of, was in May 2009, when they surprised everyone with one last big and meaningful patch for Civ 4, 2 years after the last expansion. But that was another crew, another lead, another mentality... another management?

The remaining bugs are not little. From the top of my head, the AI economy bug that breaks an entire mode (Monopolies and Corps) by making the AI unable to develop its own resources when you play that mode. BIG bug. Deal AI is still bugged as hell, the AI goes to war with any enemy of the player for 1 Gold; illogical trades across the board, etc. Military AI stops building a military after first defeat making it a walk in the park for the rest of the game.

And on and on. Those are not little bugs. You may turn a blind eye to them, but they are still considerable fails.

And OP, stop dreaming. The last time they pulled something like what you dream of, was in May 2009, when they surprised everyone with one last big and meaningful patch for Civ 4, 2 years after the last expansion. But that was another crew, another lead, another mentality... another management?
And yet the game is still a success. Your point?
Even with the bugs people still enjoy the game.. and it is still most successful 4x game ever.
And just because they have been slient dose not mean they are done with it. I am hopeful that they will release a patch to fix the major bugs.

Time will tell. Right. I think I remember the Civ4 patch and it was awesome that they did it. CivV to me was a bad way to go to in the first place so I didn't care I think. But I love Civ VI, so...

Some of the issues mentioned would indeed be great to get rid of.
I'm happy with the game in general but the annoying parts stick out too much for me nowadays. The most annoying one is that I can be sure to win if I don't do a bad dice roll on deity. And I'm not a MinMax player at all.
And it seems to be just a few small steps to make it more.. complete, you know? Final.

The most annoying one is that I can be sure to win if I don't do a bad dice roll on deity. And I'm not a MinMax player at all.
And it seems to be just a few small steps to make it more.. complete, you know? Final.

That is particularly annoying, but to be honest, it's not a bug per se but a mix of design decisions and potentially a skillset problem. Neither of these aspects can be solved in a final patch, sadly. But at least they could polish the more blatant aspects that were left untreated, and they are many.

I am a little the opposite of you. You are asking for someone to crush your hopes, I am looking for some hope to return.

Can you help me and crush my hopes? Or worse, can you tell me why and when I can expect that to happen?
Sorry, can't do that, I'm confident there will be a last major patch, soon™ (between tomorrow and civ7 release date)

Sorry, can't do that, I'm confident there will be a last major patch, soon™ (between tomorrow and civ7 release date)

Are you also confident that it will contain the DLL source code?

Are you also confident that it will contain the DLL source code?
You know, I was really about to add "(as I was confident that they would release the DLL source code soon™)" at the end of my message.

But I've finally moved away, and I'm past the 5th stage of grief now.

Colour me naive, but I do believe we will see a final patch at some point. If the game just had minor issues I wouldn't, but there were some BIG bugs introduced during NFP, and I find it hard to believe they'll just leave them. The economy bug obviously is one of them, the graphics bug that makes all natural disaster graphics go away when loading a saved game after first load is another. The trade AI also has some serious bugs, I'm not just talking the war deals, but the fact that AI will buy your luxes at 10+ GPT and sell you theirs at 1-2 GPT, which was also a bug introduced during one of the last NFP updates if I'm not mistaken.

What do you mean by first defeat ? Can you provide more details of This finding ?

More often than not, after that first AI rush based on its egregious Immortal+ bonuses gets utterly defeated, that AI will never built up its military again. With too much frequency, you will see said AI with a Mil Score of Zero or close, for the rest of the game.

Undoubtedly CivVI is at an end and a great game.

But personally I'm having a hard time motivating myself to start a new game at the moment.
There's no need to hope for a final patch and I'm not naive to think that another patch would solve all the remaining issues the game has.

Nevertheless I'm still hoping. I hoped for the 30 years anniversary for that and now I'm still hoping.

This Civ of the last 3 ( 4,5 and 6) might be the least complete but also the most fun. I will take that for what it is. I want all of their energy to making Civ 7 better than Civ 6 but more complete

More often than not, after that first AI rush based on its egregious Immortal+ bonuses gets utterly defeated, that AI will never built up its military again. With too much frequency, you will see said AI with a Mil Score of Zero or close, for the rest of the game.

I lost one game not by enemy civ but combination of suzerein city state and barbs. Defeat of Alex was easy but high tech "Babylon" barbs were too strong, then came army of city state... and war on three fronts was not possible. I waited 34 or 35 turns for Alex capture my capital which has 0 defence.

I dont think there will be anything Civ6 releated anymore .... next Civ releated thing we are going to hear is "join us on (date-time here) for civ announcement)" and it will be Ci7 teaser. But that will not happen until at least mid 2022.

If nothing else it would be nice to have a fix for the frequent crashes when playing on Xbox. So frequent
that I haven't played a game for quite a few months. Hardly a minor issue

Yeah. I doubt we'll have a balance patch at this point but I'd really hope for a stability patch. Were that to be fixed it would definitely increase my play time... Though you could argue Firaxis have already pocketed our money so... We'd have to hope that consumer goodwill is enough to justify it?

Yeah. I doubt we'll have a balance patch at this point but I'd really hope for a stability patch. Were that to be fixed it would definitely increase my play time... Though you could argue Firaxis have already pocketed our money so... We'd have to hope that consumer goodwill is enough to justify it?
Same. But they may have at least taken notice of some of the criticism of VI, and hopefully that is an incentive to fix some of the more egregious issues. At least for me, if there is a VII, this will be the first time ever that I will be waiting to buy the latest Civ until after I have read a lot of feedback. No way I want a rehash of VI, and not sure I even want to buy another Civ game after the state VI is in after this many years.

And I didn't buy or play Humankind so this has nothing to do with that. HK seems "not ready for prime time" from what I've read, but that's only been released a short time by comparison.

Top Bottom