Dreamworld - Unofficial Deity Challenge

nthexwn

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I used to play these a lot more, but I got a job and a girlfriend and stuff and had to take a big long break. ;( Fortunately I quit that job, broke up with my girlfriend, and now I can do whatever I want, so... Yay Civ!

My first order of business was to finish up this monstrosity of a map I started last year:

Dreamworld Release Thread

Now that that's done I'm curious to see if any of you have the guts (AKA: time) to try out the challenge save in GOTM style? I have a hankering that the usual "get x-bows and bum rush the world" approach that the pro players use won't work at this scale. Some details:

• Playing As: Casimir III - Poland
  • Number of Civilizations: 22
  • Number of City-States: 41
  • Map Type: Dreamworld
  • Map Size: Huge
  • Difficulty Level: Deity
  • Game Pace: Marathon
  • Game Era: Ancient Era
  • Victory Types: Domination
  • Advanced Options: Allow Policy Saving, Allow Promotion Saving, Complete Kills, Quick Combat, Quick Movement, Raging Barbarians

If you want to give this a shot feel free to post your efforts. Spoilers are fine. I'm mostly curious to see the best/fastest way people can come up with to beat this. :)

Moderator Action: Moved to Strategy and Tips as it does not belong in the GOTM forum.

No. Everything except domination is disabled. And it's marathon. 19 turns to build a scout.

I suspect the OP's reference to 100+ hours to play the map is not far off target. But, look at this way: do you really have anything better to do between now and the end of April?

End of April?

Most of my civ games take 20-30 hours, so this one would take me, oh, 800 hours or so. ;)

By the way, what is Dreamworld? I'm not familiar with that.

Im not sure how you all could stand it? 19 turns to build a scoult lol!! I have a hard time waiting for turns playing stand/stand but could not even imagine the turn/load time for this game once it really got rolling! Even at the start with all those CS's and Civs it must take a very long load time each turn.

Played to turn 400...

Isolated start.

And even with an I7, and nivedia 765, and all animations turned off, it takes 3 minutes 20 seconds to process one turn... and this is the start of my first war... not fun, and I won't be finishing.

This is a very cooked map, happiness is never and issue, as there are so many resources around, one can just ICS there way towards one of the distant AI's.

This was the only style I played before I stumbled upon CivFanatics and read how much fun ya'll were having on Deity/Standard/Standard.

Games took months, and you really can't lose. The key to EVERY game was to get at least one scout upgraded to an archer. Because it's Marathon speed, this archer would end up with over 1000 XP and would take out entire civs by itself, with only one horse needed to take out the walls.

I don't think I'll go back to this.

Ugh, if my games last more than 6hrs I am not having fun. The end game of Civilization since the original has always had the problem of being over before it is over. The last 2 hours are just seeing how massive of an empire I can build.

it happens in this map for me that sometimes game crash (when trying to open tourism window, or when annex city, or archeologist found something...) happens this for someone else?

Top Bottom