• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dune: Fight for Arrakis

i figured we'd just use the trike i alrdy found, but thats looking cooler.

Hi guys, I'm not much of a graphic designer, but I know a lot about Dune and would like to help. I've got all the books, prequels included, and the Dune Encyclopedia so I may be able to start filling out the Houses with city names etc.

What time-span do you intend to cover? Just the conquest of Arrakis, or do you want to use city-names, etc. from the whole of the Imperium?

From the looks of things this is going to focus solely on arrakis, otherwise it would be kinda pointless to get so concerned with harvester units, if this was to be an interplanetary mod each planet would only occupy one square, surrounded by space represented by coast/seas/oceans. So we'll just need the names of cities/sietches on Arrakis.

Welcome to the team!

Okay, from the original Dune videogame (PC/Amiga) I got a list of sietches. However, these are mostly combinations of names from the books. For example, Sietch Tabr was Stilgar's sietch, and Tuek's Sietch was also referenced, as was the Habbanya Ridge, the game uses Sietch Tuono Tabr and Sietch Tuono Tuek as well as Sietch Habbanya Tuek and Habbanya Tabr. So it depends on what we're going for. I'll post the list here to see if it's something we want to use. Here goes:

Carthag Tuek
Carthag Harg
Carthag Timin
Carthag Tabr
Carthag Clam
Carthag Pyons
Carthag Tsymyn

Tuono Tuek
Tuono Harg
Tuono Timin
Tuono Tabr
Tuono Clam
Tuono Pyons
Tuono Tsymyn

Habbaya Tuek
Habbaya Harg
Habbaya Timin
Habbaya Tabr
Habbaya Clam
Habbaya Pyons
Habbaya Tsymyn

Ergsun Tuek
Ergsun Harg
Ergsun Timin
Ergsun Tabr
Ergsun Clam
Ergsun Pyons
Ergsun Tsymyn

Oxtyn Tuek
Oxtyn Harg
Oxtyn Timin
Oxtyn Tabr
Oxtyn Clam
Oxtyn Pyons
Oxtyn Tsymyn

Sihaya Tuek
Sihaya Harg
Sihaya Timin
Sihaya Tabr
Sihaya Clam
Sihaya Pyons
Sihaya Tsymyn

Tsympo Tuek
Tsympo Harg
Tsympo Timin
Tsympo Tabr
Tsympo Clam
Tsympo Pyons
Tsympo Tsymyn

Haga Tuek
Haga Harg
Haga Timin
Haga Tabr
Haga Clam
Haga Pyons
Haga Tsymyn

Celymin Tuek
Celymin Harg
Celymin Timin
Celymin Tabr
Celymin Clam
Celymin Pyons
Celymin Tsymyn

There may be more or less of these as I just extrapolated from what I knew. I'd have to play the whole game again to get it exact. Anyway, that's one idea. The problem is that while most of these names are partially real, they get repetitive.

Here's where the names I know of came from:

Carthag - Harkonnen megalopolis and their capital on Arrakis
Tuek - Tuek's sietch (from the book)
Tabr - Sietch Tabr was Stilgar's sietch
Habbanya - Habbanya Ridge sietch also named in the books
Tsympo - There's a Tsimpo on maps of Arrakis, though it's more of a province
Sihaya - Sihaya Ridge, south of the Shield Wall
Harg - Harg Erg on Arrakis maps near the Polar Sink

Just a concept, will re-model it tomorrow due to wrong polygon counts :rolleyes:

Guys, what do you think about making a todo list for the project.
Azuroth, can you make one, so that we try to follow some guidelines :)

Attachments

• carryall_concept.jpg
    carryall_concept.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 307
Oh, I heard a reference to an unit auto-producing wonder and just assumed... Guess I should've read the first and second lines... :p. I'd help, but I don't know anything about Dune and I can't really do graphics... Not to mention I'm working on something else anyway. I will play it though, :).

This concept is from another game :(
Sorry, no decent concepts for good 3D of a con yard found :(

Construction Yard
Shields +50% (Cumulative)

Must Have if you want to build Factories, Advanced Buildings
**thinking**....

Finished :)

I just found out the rope of the crane is invisible :)

Attachments

• con_yard.jpg
    con_yard.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 225
aight all that stuff is looking sweet but, i wont be around a lot because ive been really busy, i hope ill be able to pop in and out and get some modeling done, but it's going to be hard for me.
so um, w/e keep up the good work ;)
Edit: as for the spice scout, i d k how, but ill try to fit it in somehow. ;)

Very good modelling there, but don't bother trying to use stuff from RA2 by re-making the models since (see attachement) I can convert ANYTHING from that game for use in civ3. :D

Attachments

• Allied Construction Yard.gif
    Allied Construction Yard.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 381
Well, I am learning Maya now, so I am trying anything that comes to mind ;)

This is the Carry-All. It is not much of a craft since it is supposed to carry all things, not to be beautiful :)

Attachments

• carryall.jpg
    carryall.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 242
I remember playing countless hours of dune2 on my amiga500... Great game! :)

I suggest that Melange is in as a resource (not as a lm terrain) so that you can have a lot of it but set the dissapearence probability ratio so that it gets used up quickly ;)

I still think spice harvesting should be like mining in Age of Discovery.

Harvester can pick these, but with movement of 1
and a Carry-All of movement 5 should make things more balanced. The point is how to make the AI use these :)

I think we should try modding at small steps :)

Just to let you know I've started work on the Ornithopter, I'll put up some in-production renders when I've got something recognizable.

I have another idea for spice melange!

city builds harvester

harvester can be loaded onto carry-all (1 transport capacity)
harvester can be unloaded

harvester establishes colony with air trade
harvester dies (well, deploys and creates a colony)

city always have air trade
city receives spice

you get everything from spice
a city without spice cannot build advanced units (heavy mech and heavy infantry)

Orthanc, if you can make it like the dune2/dune2000 grafic it will rock! Good Luck!
I am doing another harvester and carry-all now. I want them to be not-so detailed
and another concept! I am also working on the Spice Refinery and on the cities!

Top Bottom