Duration of a CIV game ?

6th game timed : emperor, random map, 7 civ, end at 1918 : game won in 16h33'
Next game, i'll try GPR map ...

You know, since 1992, i've never, never, never played on the earth map ! ... because i thought it was a too great advantage to know the map.
So, don't tell me to much about my localization ;-)

I just started play on the next map in the queue. This time full pangea.
I have created 3 single continental scenarios so far. I'll probably post a save on the forum in a few days.
In some apects they are easier than the postpangea you are playing right now.

Well, didn't time it exactly, but my last game took roughly four hours. One in the morning, then some chores, then three more in the afternoon. Spaceship win on emperor in 1840. Six cities for most of the game. Intended to play a bit longer, but the Germans built the Apollo program and I had to race them.

Many factors affect the length of the game.
Every map is different. Some people play on a standard generated map and others customize the world. With more enemies, different difficulty level, etc.
That's why I proposed a one specific map to check how long will it take plays in specitic, unchanging conditions. Unfortunately it's not the easiest map

Initialy, i posted this thread in order to compare the time between games Civ1 and other versions (Civ 2, 4, 5, ...). I imagine the games in the latest versions are very, very long ... and it's one of the main argument why i prefer Civ1 games : nervous, intense but reasonably short in time (9 ~ 15 hours).

No, no precise response, i think, without timer it's difficult to evaluate.
No other thread, i wondered some readers of this thread had played on other versions ... and could talk about their experiences.
I'd played Civ 2 long time ago, it seems to me that the games where longer than Civ 1, but i'm not sure. I've played Civ 4, too, tryed to love it, but leaved each time. I don't remember having finished 1 game !
As i remember, turns of play were long, looong, ... boring, finally ...

7th game timed : emperor, GPR map, 7 civ, end at 1779 : game won in 15h34'
Really tiring !!!

Reactions: GPR
9th game timed (and last reported) : emperor, random map, 7 civ, end at 1896 : game won in 7h37' (only 13 cities)

Aren't you bored of playing AI maps?
Meybe try GOT map?
More maps will be coming soon.

Top Bottom