DX 10/11 slow, DX 9 fast but keeps redrawing textures

Ykai

Chieftain
Well, although my system seems to meet most requirements, and I can play the DX 10/11 version on medium settings (some at low), the framerate isn't fantastic and there is frequent lag after giving a unit orders before skipping to the next unit that requires orders. Turn times are not bad.

I prefer to play with slightly worse graphics but a better framerate, so I tried the DX 9 version. On the same settings, the game runs very smooth and there is virtually no lag. However, all the textures are constantly being redrawn whenever I move to a different area of the map. It takes about a second for each of the three 'phases' (colours without textures, low-detail textures, high-detail textures) to show up. It keeps doing this and never 'remembers' what it has drawn a second ago, unless I don't move around the map at all.

In DX 10/11 it doesn't do this. It draws the textures when I start up the (save)game, and that's it. Never does it again.

Can I solve this somehow? I would like to play at the speed DX 9 gives me, but not with that redrawing business going on.

Thanks!

Top Bottom