1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic City Radius Module

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World of Civilization' started by Elucidus, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Elucidus

Elucidus King

I hope this is the right way to report a problem with a module. If not please guide me. Also I hope I am not missing anythign simple. Firstly I was trying to test this so I first went in and just tried it, but to no avail. The city screen shows like it would work (it uses the smaller tile size), but I can't work any additional tiles further than 2 tiles from my city. Of course I had the culture to follow it. Then looking through I realized I need a granary and or hospital to increase it a by one each and I tried those as well. I also changed the settings in the XML, I did that at different stages throughout this test. I changed the first one from 1 all of the way up to a 4, trying each number in between. I did the same to the citizen one, but none of these seemed to make a difference. Of Course I restarted a new game befoire each test, Am I missing something simple here. I went to WoCipedia to try and work it out there before coming here.

Forgive the bad typing, I have been on some pretty high pain meds for about 15 days now and my brain is barely holding it together. I woudl love to figure this out and get testing ont he rest of this great project. Let me know. Thank you.

2. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Warlord

I would like to modify the city radius and minimum distance between cities, but I can't find any reference to these parameters in the xml files. I tried several possibilities , but there does not seem to be any logical link between the module names and the xml file names and there are SO many lines to check through that it is a rather hoprless task without some guidance. Help would be appreciated.

3. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

If you look in the Dynamic City Module under Game Concepts, then find the global defines and you can extend or decrease the city range.